Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of replacing the gasket the weekend coming up. I am wondering how to do it? Can I just unbolt the control arm from the subframe and disconect the subframe? Or what is the best way to do it? Is the gasket like 12 bucks or so? Thanks,

G

·
oil pan

first take loose motor mount on pass side then front trans mount.do not do so untill you attach engine hoist.you will need one....once hoist is attached take bolts out. slowly lift motor,you will need about 6-8 inches of clearnce.loosen oil pan bolts and take shater shield off trans,there are 3 bolts under that.i have done this twice,and its not any fun,you will need lots of patience.slowly work pan from frame you will need a helper to lift while trying to pull out pan from frame remember the oil pump is whats keeping the pan frm dropping right down,so be carefull,big time.let me know if you need any more help.i have torn down my block and rebuilt for 12s or high 11s.was running [email protected] before blowing engine w/30 psi.hint ...do not run 30psi on stock block..i was able to run 20-24psi w no problem on the block.i had a t3 pushing before .now have t3/t4o near 550hp......

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way that I can do it without lifting the engine? I don't have an engine hoist. From what I remember can't it can be done by disconecting the cross member?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
d00d you didnt run no 11's! thats insane!

You'll blow the welds on the intake manifold :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
oh god, quotes from the fast and the furious....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts