Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to send a package to washington state and i just realised i havent a fucking clue how to do that.
i suck.
help me!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Go talk to the people at auspost. You'll have to fill out a customs declaration form in order to send it anyway. Though if its a bigger package, fedex is an option.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its just like a 40X30cm box. Im pretty sure auspost will do. So i should just go in and talk to them? and theyll give me the decleration? and i fill it out and then tell them i want to send it by airmail?
thanks

also its not for anyone on this site Zach

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its small enough for them to send (unless the third, missing dimension is over 1.1m ) I only ever do them at work, but yer, just go in with the box with the address stuck to it, and they'll help with the rest.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Man what is this pack and send rubbish. Couriers are exxy. Australia post all the way. Just walk in as if you are sending it interstate/locally. There is only one customs declaration little sticker they have to put on after you sign it to say your not sending a bomb. It is no harder then sending a local package :).

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You are looking at the king of sending and receving.

Bring it to the post office and if the dimensions are fine they will give you a declaration for the package on the dec fill out gift and put amount as whatever it is (i usually dont go past $500 as the person on the other end with end up having to pay money to receive the package) and fill in the rest and sign it statting u know its not full of goods or toxins etc

Once filled out go back to the desk with the declatation and she will weight it and measure it and then give u a price now standard shipping is shipping by ships which takes 4 to 5 weeks (almost always longer) if you wanna pay extra you will have to mention you want it sent by airmail.

Thats it if your package is too big then just go to a local depot for DHL etc and they will give u the form to fill out same thing mark it as a gift so they person isnt charged at the other end

·
Registered
619 Posts
told ya ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay so i sent it on the 12/12 via airmail and it still hasnt been recieved. It says it takes like 6 working days on auspost's site. gayyy
:( help

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Lets see if you posted it on the 12th they might not have sent it to the dispatch place until the 16th which means it would get to USA by the 24th and with xmas mail and all probably hasn't been processed at all yet and might not be processed till after new years as im sure they have a backlog so id wait alil bit longer as what auspost says isn't always correct as that would be the max time it would take to get to USA but doesn't include processing time inside USA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts