Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey out there, i am in salmon arm bc, and i ussually hang out in kamloops and sometimes kelowna. are there any other mx6 drivers out here????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Richmond, BC!

im from Richmond, BC...ive got a 93 LS...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice to know that im not the only one out here that knows these cars are wicked. i have only seen one other mx6 around here that is has had at least a little bit of attention by its owner. havn't had a chance to talk to the guy yet. gonna have to tell him about this web site. so does anyone out here have the shogun kit? i want one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well im new to the MX6 scene... out in the lower mainland i havent seen any mx6s with the shogun body, 1 or 2 with the erebuni kit...
i know a couple places out here that will get the shogun kit tho, i have one on order myself...im paying about $800 american as im not getting the shogun spoiler, just the front and rear bumber and the side skirts.
Is there anyone out there from VanCity or Richmond ?
Is there a BC or Vancouver MX6 or mazda club?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes, there is a BC MX-6 Owners club!

I didn't realize there were this many BC owners on this board - I'm from Richmond.
Recently we started BCPOC. It was named BC 'Probe' Owners club since I was originally the only MX-6 member, but there are several MX-6 members now, and MX-6's are just as welcome to the club as Probes. I encourage all of you to visit the site and email me the necessary info about you and your car, so I can add you to the member list. Also, please print out some of the flyers and keep them with you to hand out to other MX6 and Probe owners. I have found many new BCPOC members this way.

So would any of you be interested in a BC meet sometime soon? We have been discusing the possibility of a meet in Kelowna this summer, but any other locations/ideas are welcome as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sounds good, ill email the needed information. Just for curiousities sake, with many of the MX6/Probe owners residing in the lower mainland, why would the club choose to hold a meet out in Kelowna??

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cause kelowna is i wicked town to vacation in. and if you havn't taken your car over the cocihala highway yet (i'm sure i spelt that wrong), you are in for sweet drive. i'm up for a kelowna meeting. is there a date yet?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nope, no date yet. Right now we're just trying to find enough people interested to justify a meet, so feel free to suggest some dates. Originally we chose Kelowna since there are some great car shows held there during the summer (esp. field of dreams), but this year it isn't until Sept. 8-9 (too late in the summer for many of us). We did have our 1st meet in White Rock/Vancouver in March. If kelowna is too far for the majority of us in the lower mainland, I'd be up for having a meet somewhere closer as well. How about Jericho beach, Queen E park, Stanley park, or some other central location?

·
Registered
143 Posts
i'm originally from bc... now i'm in manitoba. but sometimes i take visit out to vancouver. next time i come out there i wouldn't mind meeting some other mx6/probe guys...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how about kamloops? in mid august there is a big car show called hot night in the city, or something like that. the same weekend there are drag races at the track in ashcroft. its a pretty big deal. also, vernon now has the sun valley motor speedway. its brand new and its the largest oval track in western canada. they have races every saturday. that would be a cool place to meet up.
dave m.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im totally up for a meet at a central location in vancity. This would enable people that hadnt been to a meet before to get to know the club members and to feel a bit more confortable taking a longer trip to kelowna at a later date. Is mid august a good time for people?

·
Registered
358 Posts
How about late July / early August for a Vancity meet? Then we could still have some time to plan a BC interior meet for mid August.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Movin to VAN

Hey..... Im in calgary right now..... movin out to Vancouver in the fall for UBC...... whats the deal on the BCPOC...... and if your plannin any meets in the vancouver area after the end of august..... count me in......

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
I'm from Surrey BC . Just got my 93 Mx-6 . Wondering about the meet in late July . Let me know when you guys have it all set . Thanx . It would be perfect if we could meet in Van

P

·
0 Posts
LOL....I live in Kelowna and would be into seein' a bunch o' MX6's runnin' about! :cool:

Been lurking on this board long enuf I suppose. I have seen about 5 or 6 around town but most are owned by old farts like me! @- (40ish)

My car needs soom groomin' but i love it just the same!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah a meet in the okanagan would rule!!

Vancouver is too crowed you guys should set something up for the okanagan. Excellent setup in penticton for a car show. Kelowna is good too but their road system sucks ass.

G

·
0 Posts
;) Im from maple ridge bc and I have a 88 6 looks nice
any one els have a first gen I want to sell my car and get a 88-91
GT.

})

ps How do I join the club.

G

·
0 Posts
hi,mxsixer

hi,
I am from Richmond,B.c. anyone from Richmond with shogun kit,let me know cos i want to get one but i dont know where to start.thanks,dude.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts