Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone got any info on lamboo doors?????

i was just wondering if anyone had any pics, or plans of any kind of lamboo doors. i want to try and make my own set. my brother is a machinest, and said that he could make them if he had plans, or pics that he could go from. if someone has any ideas, or a website i could go to, that would be great. if it turns out, i would get him to make a bunch, and then i would sell them on here for like a couple hundred bucks. cause i saw an add for them for a eclipse, for like over a $1000 and that is crazy. i am not interested in making money, just to cover the cost for material.
i would really like to see them offered to the mx6.com community. all your help is very welcome.

thanx

gj

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
there are two posts about this in a row :rolleyes: search or look.... before posting.

plans for universal hinges can be had on ebay for <$10

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tell me where the auction is

i have searched lots. hours. thats why i came here. if you can find me an auction for plans then that would be great.

thanx

gj

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
not only did i find it in less than 30 sec.---- Theres also a huge banner (link) on the first page

Adam

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mx6krazy

i found where you were looking. although i was looking for plans, to make my own, not to buy some. and the site changes everytime you go to it, so when i went to it, there was no big add. there is no reason for you to be a **** about it.

gj

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I don't really think his intention was to flame you or anything, but when you start a thread about the same topic as two other threads in the same foum, both of which are right on top of the forum, it can get REALLY frustrating. He's just trying to make finding information easier for you and trying to reduce the number of double posts and useless threads. Just my .02.
Crooks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx zoom zoom

well my thread is different than the other ones, a little. i asked if anyone had plans, the other on that i looked at just asked what was need to make them. and all the answers where hinges and struts. well i knew that. i am looking for some plans, pics, examples, so i can see how they are mounted, and how to mount everything. thanx for taking your time.

thanx

gj

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
its gonna be hard to find plans since the product is patented. you might find someone that has a set they didnt instal yet. i am in the process of make them as well. its not as easy as it looks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
l low mx

let me know how things work out, where are you getting your ideas from? or are you going cold turkey?

thnx

gj

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i have a friend that bought a kit for his civic, and we are going off that. the mx6 door is much heavier than his though. i should have it done soon. schedule is tough,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
let me know

let me know how thigns work out, i would really like to make a set. i think it would be cool as hell.

thanx

gj

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
will do. it is coming along pretty good

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hey dude, you should check out www.decah.net and see what you can find. I had a review from some mag on my comp. that had pics of it off of a car but I cant find them. I'm still looking though. If I find them I will post them. Later.

·
Registered
134 Posts
gj

hey umm.. you said you where looking for some pics.? for lambo doors.. well i have a couple pics.. that got of off my friend.. this is a lambo kit [universal kit] and it sorta shows the design of it i guess.. its installed a honda accord.. i dont know what year.. well here they are anyway.. hope this will be helpful and you can be able too use these..

- Roland

- Roland

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey rollin

thanx a lot. man looking at these pics, they would be so eay to make. but i think i might have to bite the bullet and buy a set. cause i think with out plans, or blue prints i am not going to ba able to do it. thank you very much for taking the time. mad props

thanx

gj

1 - 18 of 18 Posts