Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully im getting tint tomorrow gonna try for 10% on the back and 15% on the sides

i know the law here is 25% all around but they dont make you wear an inspection sicker and ive got a friend with a 350z with 15 all around and said no problem with police

·
Registered
334 Posts
dang.. are you gonna be able to see man? I had 20% on my rear window and i could barely see. Especially at night :O!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've got 15 all around (not windshield), night driving does suck, sometimes I have to resort to dropping the windows (even during the butt crack of winter). I've even almost ran into a curb a few times. I like the tint though, looks good when u park and eases the summer sun burn, especially here in vegas.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had 10 on my back and sides on my sentra and 5 on the back seat windows got pulled over 2wice they dont rele do anuthing about it

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont do a WHOLE lot of night driving but usually I roll with the windows down anyways I like the cold (lots) im the guy you see walking around in shorts when its 20 outside lol

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I've had a few different friends who got pulled over for tint and they had to physically remove it while the cop watched.

It's safer to stay within the law. Laws ARE there for a reason and visibility from your vehicle at night and looking into a vehicle in the case of cops is important. Ever have a cop come to your window with his gun drawn because he can't see in?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I had 5% all the way around on my crown vic lol (leave me alone i was 16). But somehow i could see semi-decently at night.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
My friend's Celica GT-S got 15% all around, we can see just fine at night.

If you gonna do tint, take a before picture of your car, if you get a ticket, take it to the court say they are removed and hope they'll let you go. My buddy has done that many times and he got away with it on everyone of them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
My friend's Celica GT-S got 15% all around, we can see just fine at night.

If you gonna do tint, take a before picture of your car, if you get a ticket, take it to the court say they are removed and hope they'll let you go. My buddy has done that many times and he got away with it on everyone of them.
damn u guys are lucky ! here we have to go to a police station and have them sign off a paper that says it's fixed

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Buy 2 spare front window, swap them then go to the station, swap them back after you get home, only take a few minutes and windows probably cheap at the yard :D

Reactions: mx6ReMiX

·
Registered
224 Posts
Every time i got pulled over they sneaked around my car hand on gun till they saw a little white boy lol

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
First things you do when you get pull over... roll down your windows and hands on steering wheel so they can see you. Trust me, if you make the officer comfortable, there's a better chance they let you slide for whatever reason you got pull over. Work most of the time for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I actually got a Window tint ticket along with a nice 200$+ speeding ticket, I peeled the tint and got of the ticket, cop was a bit of an [shizzle]it head, if you get tint roll both windows down (Driver + Passenger) if you get pulled over, they probly wont say boo.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Almost everytime ive been pulled over, there was a mention of tint.

I think ive been pulled over directly for tint atleast 5x, 4x they actually used the tint checker thing, and only twice they gave me a ticket, the rest were warnings. I never took my tint off... fuck em.
5% on rears, 35% on fronts.

however its just an excuse for them to pull ya over and find reasons to give you a ticket.

·
Registered
102 Posts
eases the summer sun burn, especially here in vegas.
eh man you need that [shizzle] in vegas tho haha its wayyyyy too hot in the summer. my cuzins rx8 out there is tinted too but its still hot. whats the law about tint in vegas? i was told its VERY lenient. is that true??

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I dont do a WHOLE lot of night driving but usually I roll with the windows down anyways I like the cold (lots) im the guy you see walking around in shorts when its 20 outside lol
That's still not much of an excuse to potentially endanger those around u, just so you can have 15% less light get into your car and look 'cool.' 25% won't look bad by any means

Like Chefspot said, the law is there for our own good, it does have a practical motivation behind it. It's not going to be the end of the world to get 25% as opposed to 15%.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i have 13% all around.
cops have never said nething.
i have never had a hard time seeing out the rear windshield. although i do have to say that parallel parking can be trouble some in very dark areas but no real trouble at all.. id say go for the 10% or whatever. i wouldnt go down to 5- 6 tho.

·
Registered
954 Posts
eh man you need that [shizzle] in vegas tho haha its wayyyyy too hot in the summer. my cuzins rx8 out there is tinted too but its still hot. whats the law about tint in vegas? i was told its VERY lenient. is that true??
they don't really go after u if u have tinted windows, but if they pull u over for something else then they can slap the tint ticket on u too. it really depends on the person pulling u over but for the most part they're pretty lenient.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got pulled over for tint ONLY a couple of months ago (had been tinted for 5 years). I had 20% all the way around, granted it was dark because of the black leather interior. That day however I had the windows part way down and sun the sunroof open. It should have not looked as dark when he saw me. I tried to talk my way out of it as I am a 35 year old professional, not some gang member cruising the streets of San Francisco. He wasn't buying, he gave me a fix it ticket and I had to have it removed ($70) and then visit a police station to have it signed off. The officer at the desk laughed at my ticket muttering something about it must have been a slow day when I got pulled over. He never looked at my car, signed it and sent me on my way. In the end I actually like it better without the tint, I left the back window to cut down some sun but removed the sides. My advice would be to go with the lighter tint if you really want to get them tinted. Check your state law to see whats allowed, if anything. In California its illegal to have any on the passenger or drivers door. The reason behind the law is pretty obvious, if I was a police officer I'd want a VERY clear view into the car, their life depends on it. My two cents...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts