Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I was looking around for subs on CompetitiveSound.com and found these. I wanted a box that came with the subs already loaded in. The thing is, I have never heard of this particular brand name before. It's called Audiobahn. They look to be pretty nice but I just don't know anything about these. Does anyone have any Audiobahn subs or have heard anything like this? Here's the link to check them out, if I know they're good then I'll get them but I don't wanna take a chance and have them suck ya know.

http://www.competitionsound.com/abp220.html

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Ive never actually heard these but they have good specs and ive heard nothing but good comments from owners...i was considering these for a starter system. good bang for the buck kinda thing...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i have to second that...

audiobahn is a respected company. never heard their products myself, but ive heard good things from peeps at http://www.elitecaraudio.com. just remember, if you can listen to a product before you buy it, do it!!

SolarSlash

G

·
Ive heard a few Audiobahn subs and they are fine. Like most other subs out there, they do what they should, put out low frequency sound. I don't believe in there being that much difference between different subs, the quality comes through in the construction of the enclosure of the subs. If you like the price and you liek the look, you will not be disappointed with these as long as you power them correctly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have two 12" Audiobahn subs in the trunk of my car. I love then, they are loud as hell. They are made well and I have heard from many people that the amps are prety good also. Buy them!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
2xBlown said:
I don't believe in there being that much difference between different subs, the quality comes through in the construction of the enclosure of the subs.
when i think of what makes a quality sub, i think of the SPL figure, the RMS power handling capacity, the magnet weight, the surround material, and the voice coil structure. box construction doesnt determine any of this...

but yes, you can put the most prestigious subs in your car, but if you have a cheesy box, itll sound like you bought them at the flea market...

·
Registered
148 Posts
They are a good Mid-fi product... I've heard them and for the $ you spend you'll be well pleased. Just dpends on what you're looking for... now a days we have spl subs and sq subs (kove armeggedons vs soundstream exacts for example). I didn't say this 'cause I'm not a jl fan but even their wo's put out great bass but tend to get sloppy under heavy load. The audiobahnn subs are making a name for themselves. I've seen them at competitions and shows. Get them while their affordable because as with most companies, when they get well known their products get more expensive and the quality suffers. My favorite is crossfire, another new company... their BMF series rock... my .02

·
Registered
256 Posts
just like to say im getting two alum10 audiobahns, my friend has them and they hit hard as hell, about twice as hard as any other sub i've heard, even JL.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ive heard a set... on a oroin HCCA 225... they pounded hard as hell... if they are the same speakers they will weigh a ton and a half...good magnet size is important

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright

Ok guys I've heard some pretty good stuff about Audiobahn subs so I think I will give them a try. Once I get them in and all hokked up I will tell you guys how they sound. Thanx for all the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts