Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 89 mx6 gt with 4ws decided slide on the ice last night and smacked into a curb. The drive side rear wheel is turned out beyond driveability. Found the bent part and was wondering if anyone knew what it was and where to get a new one. Or would it just be safe to take off and bend straight??

·
Registered
151 Posts
So my 89 mx6 gt with 4ws decided slide on the ice last night and smacked into a curb. The drive side rear wheel is turned out beyond driveability. Found the bent part and was wondering if anyone knew what it was and where to get a new one. Or would it just be safe to take off and bend straight??
You should replace it. Now it has been bent it has weaken the strength of the metal. What part is it? you have not stated what you need to replace. I hope you get it fix soon.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
IIRC you can use the front tie rod inners, might have to cut a few threads off. and 02 chevy caviler outer tie rod ends. Might just try the caviler inners as well.

The outer rear tie rods were never available from mazda far as i know. I used the 02 chevy caviler outer to tighten the back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts