Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a new SOLID outer boot for my cv joint? Went to mazda and they wanted $120 for a frickin split boot you glue together! I just laughed after asking him how much again! I can get that online for $20! But I'm looking for a solid non-split boot... sure it will be more work but I've used a split boot before and you just end up replacing it in a year... Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well man, here is the deal. I have read up on the Cv problems of the mx6/probe. This is what i have learned. You can change you just the boot IF you catch it right when it happens. IF you want to long then the joint will become dirty and just replacing the boot will not help the problem. You can buy just the boot from NAPA i have read.
But if you just do the boot then you will hear the "clicking" noise that comes from a dirty joint after a while.

If you know the joint has been explosed to dirty, then change the entire thing. only like 60bucks from a auto store, and then you know it is all new and will not give you any more problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coll I'll check out napa... as far as exposure it's only been about a week and it's a little hole smaller than your pinky finger so I highly doubt anything has gotten in... haven't driven in rain or gravel roads...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts