Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking for a link that someone posted in general? about another company. XYZ or something or other and how not to buy from them because their turbos disintegrated the first couple times the compressor housing saw positive boost pressure.

Either way, even sweatshops are getting into the F&F action.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
My 2g runs one of those... :rolleyes: And after a $660 rebuild, the only part left from it is the compressor housing (it was actually decent enough to be re-used). The rest of it is Garret.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
SixSick6 said:
THINK before you bid :lol:
That was soooo last year,Now the company claim they are using one piece housing rather than 2 pieces glued together.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
ademan said:
That was soooo last year,Now the company claim they are using one piece housing rather than 2 pieces glued together.
Yeah no kidding. This is old old news. I remember searching yahoo and finding all this info... what.... 6 months ago?

I do find it pretty interesting that when they first came out about 2 years ago, tons of people bought them and never left any negative feedback. It took quite awhile for this kinda stuff to surface.

Also... this thread is a repost. Check evo626's from like.... last year. :lol:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
My friend bought one a long time ago and never used it. I was considering just swapping out the center section for a true garrett and see what happens. I still dont trust the shaft or wheels though at high boost... who knows where they got that chinese pot metal from

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
hmm... I remember seeing a pic a long time ago of the center section. It uses a bearing design that is lacking a lubrication point that the garretts have IIRC, and a guy showed a pic of it next to a true garrett to demostrate.

Still would be curious to see what it'd do with the garrett center section

·
Registered
137 Posts
Might as wellbuy a junk garrett and send it out. It has been 6 months on a rebuilt t3. No signs of wear. Boosting in the snow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use two on my mustang. The housings have the T stamped on them. I could not tell you how they are in stock form since my housings were machined out and had new wheels installed, but they seem in pretty good orger out of the box. My friend used their t-70, which in all actuality is comparable to a t60-1 on his mustang for 1 year. It ran great, generated enough power to split the stock block in half. This was with a halo. I think they're great turbos "FOR THE PRICE". Sure, it won't beat a 1k turbonetics or precision turbo, but for those of us on a budget, it will do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts