Registered
854 Posts
Harper is a weiner! He'll turn Canada into a US State

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Concurred.

While the topic as changed... Duceppe is a poor choice as well. He will never have a majority goverment, as their party only runs in Quebec. It does not make sense to vote for someone who will always have very little pull in the house. Yet, he'll get votes because he wants to seperate. To this day I have not heard one reasonable explanation as to why some Quebecers want to seperate from this great country.

·
Registered
854 Posts
poppy said:
Concurred.

...To this day I have not heard one reasonable explanation as to why some Quebecers want to seperate from this great country.

apparently they think you can just pull your own country out of your ass any time you feel like it. fucks their problem!?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let it be clear that I'm not dissin' any Quebecers here, I just would like to hear a valid reason for seperating.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I guess they think they have the resources inside their landmarks to make a lot more money than the federal gov't is giving them (which they can't do) and i guess another reason is because they want french to be the only language in the world!!!!!!! :lol: i dunno, i'm just making up stuff. I think Harper should ask in Parlament how they would survive as a country, seems like they are having a lil bit of trouble now (from what i hear, i wouldn't know personally since i live on a sandbar)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
poppy said:
Let it be clear that I'm not dissin' any Quebecers here, I just would like to hear a valid reason for seperating.
You better not :p

There aren't any good reasons. It's a fight that has been going on since the colonial days. It's the language that changes everything. I'm personally bilingual, french is my native tongue, and i've talked to some ppl in Laval for example who aren't bilingual. What i noticed was that they, like alot of english speking canadians, didn't want to bother learning another language. They don't see the use of speaking english since everyone else speaks french in their neighbourhoods, on TV and at work. Alot of them find that since our government discusses most issues in english, they don't feel like they are working for the interests of french canadians.
That's where the Bloc comes in. Sure, they work for french canadians, but that's all they do. Not working for quebecers in general, just the french speaking ones. The ONLY way they can get votes is by feeding this little fight between french and english. I mean come on, a "Team Quebec" idea?? That's the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard. Living in quebec, i see that the french media rarely cares when something goes on outside of quebec. It seems like they are in their own world. Just like americans :D Yea, i said it, quebec is the most americaized province in canada.

On a side note, i love speaking in english when i'm deep into quebec. I love how thay laugh at me cuz i don't speak french. I act all oblivious about it. And what i love the most is to see their faces drop when i actually talk to them in french afterwards.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
poppy said:
To this day I have not heard one reasonable explanation as to why some Quebecers want to seperate from this great country.
Quoted from robin williams live at broadway:
Quebec wants to brake awake from canada but would still like to keep the currency.
that's like a kid wanting to move out but would still like allowance..
fuck off you!
ahhhhhhhhhh classic...ill say it again, if you haven't seen it...SEE IT!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
crazy quebecers, why is it that whenever french tourists come to PEI and whenever you pass them they give you the finger... maybe i just tailgate them too much, hahahaha

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just think one of the potential leaders should stand up and tell separtists how it's really gonna be....

If you do not want be a part of Canada, and you actually do seperate from Canada... then don't expect ANY benefits of being a Canadian.

Once you seperate, Canada will relocate all of OUR military personnel, their families, and resources. We will relocate ALL Candian Government employees, their families, and their resources. If they choose not to leave, that's Quebec's problem, as we will no longer be their employer.

Then the trade talks could begin, and there isn't any resource in Quebec, that we could not get from any other of Canada's Provinces.

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
poppy said:
I just think one of the potential leaders should stand up and tell separtists how it's really gonna be....

If you do not want be a part of Canada, and you actually do seperate from Canada... then don't expect ANY benefits of being a Canadian.

Once you seperate, Canada will relocate all of OUR military personnel, their families, and resources. We will relocate ALL Candian Government employees, their families, and their resources. If they choose not to leave, that's Quebec's problem, as we will no longer be their employer.

Then the trade talks could begin, and there isn't any resource in Quebec, that we could not get from any other of Canada's Provinces.
Not to mention the currency, health care, and law charters.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, that's just the tip of the iceberg for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts