Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be doing this soon and was wondering if anyone else has. I figure it will be easier than trying to make kick panels (even though they would sound better). If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
i had thought about running a component set with 8's in the doors. With the 5.25 and tweeter in the kick panels. then i thought that i didnt want to work that hard. I am still considering this, my 4 inch component set just doesnt have the mid bass. i dont think it would be that hard, you may end up with some custom doors though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The doors almost definitely will have to be modded to get the components in. I'm gonna be using a 6 3/4" mid and 1 1/4" tweets. I'm mainly concerned with mounting depth. Oh well...gotta do what you gotta do! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm running 6.5 in the door and it took a little work to get them to fit. I mounted the tweeters in the factory location. I haven't been able to find kickpanels for the mx6 but you know that they make kickpanels for the probe and I was looking the other day and that area of the probe and mx6 look very close (yes I own a probe and a 6) I think I'm going to try them.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've done a couple on 61 /2" components int he 1st gen doors, just did the standard build up to make sure of the fit. Straight piece of 3/4" MDF either carpeted or vinyl wrapped. You just need to cut to a shape that blends in well with the door design.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
my roommate has a 1st gen and he put 5.25's in the doors. just like greg said you have to bend or cut the door metal to get them to fit. well where my roommate put them he did. looks good. good luck.

SolarSlash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts