Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the new 3rd edition has 200 hp non turbo and the 2nd generation GTS has 195 turbo power.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i raced a 2nd gen turbo...not sure if it was a gst or gsx but i lost, not making an excuse but it was way back when i first got my car and was still learning how to drive a manual.....he didnt win by much though...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not yet but

A MX6 GT should get a 2nd gen eclipse in the beginning but I think the eclipse will pass you soon. The reason for my thinking is that, we have the 2.2 and the eclipse is a 2.0. But the lead will probably not last long.

Not sure about the 3rd gen.

However this is all stock comparison. The eclipse has some nice dudas on it which give you 195 horses from a 2.0. A few mods to a 1st gen GT and you should make it a really good race. Probably all that is needed is a intake and exhaust upgrade.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i got the v6 model mx6 manual of course what all would i have to do to get it up to 200 hp?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering the same thing, my goal right now it to get to 200hp. getting your intake manifold and throttle body done would help alot.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like LOTS of us want 200HP

Count me in too. 14:1 power to weight sounds great to me! Maybe we should take this discussion into the Performance section...

·
Registered
104 Posts
200hp to the wheels..

Heres what I came up with, however I dont think it would be 200, maybe 185 or so...

Hotshot CAI
Pacesetter/Hotshot Headers
Bored TB
Stage 4 Manifold
Borla/GReddy Exhaust
OU Pulley
Spacers

oh yeh, Im not sure if this is proven to help, but a SuperChip ECU as well

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2nd gens are quick

2nd and 3rd gens are quick

mx6 is still much better :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think the superchips do anything for our cars. Thats what i've heard.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The Superchips do help if you have a lot of mods to begin with, like the ones mentioned above. But they would have to Dyno your car, make customizations internally and then program the chip according to what your car has. If you install a chip off the shelf, that will not do crap.

On another note, I rive my brothers GST Auto and that mother was quick as hell. Man I love that PSSSSSSSSST sound of the turbo spooling. I think the GST will take us with no problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2nd, 3rd gen eclipse

the manual gst or gsx has 210 horses. i don't think one of you guys could beat the gsx with awd. they're 0-60 is around 5.5 or so. the 3rd gen have 205 horses manual. you'd have better luck one of them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I take eclipses NO problem

I have never gotten beaten by an eclispse yet.. I have race stock GS-T's GSX's and a friends 16g modded GST... He spent around 2000 to upgrade intercooler and turbo and was pushing around 260hp,,, and I am sitting at about 275HP with a STOCK turbo in my 89 MX6 GT, 2.2l sure does have displacement over the 2.0 HEAVY GSX... my car weighs about 2600lbs... I can take a modded 16G GST eclipse by like 1 length.. not much but it is obvious who has more power,, now a friend of mine mod's eclipses,, and if i ever run into a 20G turbo eclipse i'm gonna get my clock stopped!...

however I am told by swapping the stock IHI piece of shit with a T3/T04 i will get 300HP at the crank,, and thats more like it...although 20G eclipses are running 350HP range...but it's so expensive you hardly ever see em....

I have also got some kind of magnetic attraction to late model mustang GT's,, they always roll me and always get smoked,, , I also got rolled by a maxima,, they're over 200 horse, and he got his clock stopped...

THE MX6 is the fastest you can go without being noticed!!!

P.S.. it's also got a huge intercooler for stock...!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
A friend of mine has an equally modded GSX...He gets me everytime on takeoff, but I'm past him by forth gear.
He is only .3 seconds faster than me in the 1/4 mile.

Him: 14.8
Me: 15.1

Now the 3rd gen...I HATE THESE CARS...They are fast..
I raced an equally modded one about a week ago, and I had him at takeoff. Both times we raced...but as soon as we shifted into 2nd gear, he was gone!! BOTH TIMES!! I was so pissed.. I barely lose against the people i street race..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I raced a friend of mine in his '94 GS-T with my '89 GT, and had about 3 cars on him after 1/2 mile. That ticked him off, so we went again and i ate him even worse than the first. He said that he had raced a GS-X a few days before and beat it. Weather or not this is true, I don't know. But I do know I beat him without even a problem.
Two days later, we dynoed our cars at a UTI campus (both of us being students at the time) and his GS-T, pushing 13lbs. of boost, only came up with 126hp. and 145ft lbs. of torque. My Mx-6, with only 9lbs. boost, put out 122hp. and 187ft lbs. of torque. I also had 100,000 more miles on my odometer than he did.
The 3rd gen GT is also very beatable without a problem, even with a 5 speed. I raced a chick that really knew how to slam gears, but I pulled away from her too. Different results may vary, but I don't fear the Eclipse.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jim don't forget that the temp in the dyno cell was around 105 dude. Hot air sux with cooler temps you could have done a hell of alot better.

p.s. don't forget the dyno brake was sorta on too !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Oh by the way awhile back i raced a 2G Eclipse in my auto mx-6. He only beat me by 1 1/2 cars. i also had a big friend in the car at the same time and he was alone, so ya never know. I still want to race him again though, now that i have more done to my baby !

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
turb up your boost MX6

god.. i'm running over 20psi on my MX6 GT engine. .have been for over a year.. with no problem..!!..
I am guessing 275 HP at crank ,,since i can eat a brand NEW 2001 mustang GT with 260HP with no prob...
i have intake, HKS intercooler pipe kit.. 3 inch turbo back exhaust, no cat, computer modded to run race gas by GFORCE.. egr bypass, throttle body fix.....

this guy with 122hp at the wheels is pathetic for a GT and needs to be dealt with now!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey brads

This guys with only 122 hp is at the wheels, and as i said in a previous post the temp in the dyno cell 105, and the DYNO BRAKE was partially engaged !! Also on the same day a 96 Mustang GT ran on the dyno, this car had mods aplenty and it only hit 186 HP. Read the entire topic b4 you shooting down fellow 6ers (we are all on the same team mind you). On another note his engine is STOCK !! I would bet my bottom dollar that givin a better environment and a properly functioning DYNO his number would be well past that. And remember estimated HP means nothing, especially at the crank. TOURQUE is the key in a stoplight race i don't care who you are. I mean to start no fights i just want you to take in all of the facts b4 you go judging other peoples cars. sorry for the long post.

p.s. are you running the stock turbo ? b/c if you are i smell bs. A stocker is good up to about 16 psi. that would make your 20 psi kinda hard, also what about fuel delivery and spark anything with around 20 psi needs a better fuel system and a better spark, but hey i could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts