Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the autocross at Bremerton raceway on Sunday the 21st?

·
Registered
118 Posts
We talked about that a little bit last night. (Where were you? We had 13 cars. 3 were MX6's)

It sounds like their will be a few Probes there. I will probably go in the AM.

I hope I can still enter as a novice. I only raced few times last year and I never trophied. Best I did was 3rd
(I think) up in Everett.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You puss, Chris =) ,... you need to run in class this year. Run in Street Touring with me and I promise not to beat you too bad. And if I do, we can trade cars and I'll do it again driving yours.

Run in Street Tire in the afternoon, it's an indexed class (handicap multiplier).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Dan, remember the steering problem I had last year?? Well, I am finally getting my timing belt, water pump, etc. replaced, and asked them to let me know what they can do to fix it if at all possible... If it is fixed by then, you can plan on me going.. It REALLY was a hassle last year... Laters..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I remember the steering nightmare DJ. It'd be way cool to see you out autocrossing.

Chris, I dont think you and I ran in the same run group at all last year, except maybe once in the rain at the other end of Bremerton. We drive very capable cars and I just some other MX6's there to field the "Is that an RX7?" questions.

Best Questions so far:
Q:Is that an RX7?
A:No it's an MX6

Q:That's got one turbo or two?
A:Nope, no turbo.

Q:Those have rear drive right?
A:Nope, front driver.

And my very favorite comment after beating someone elses fastest time:
"Wow, those are really sticky tires"

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
wow found this old post. We get in for free because we have sunnyslope IDs. Anyways we are building up a sirracco for the next autox. Any one ever around here for the races? Cause I see 6 around here all the time but no local members ever post from this area. Infact I saw two new 6s this week. Light blue one and another red one with some lowering action.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
my bad, Like the address on your id is sunnyslope or you have some mail with an address of sunnyslope. WIth that you get in for free and I races are like half off I think. Its the law. Weird cause the track is in sunnyslope which is a sub city of port orchard and is very close to belfair more then bremerton. We get some really great races and cars. Myabe if everyone feels like drive some extra miles we could have our meet here and watch some races....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey, this IS an old post. I haven't talked to Dan in way too long. I haven't been to a local autocross in the last two years. Just auto-x practices and the track at the MSD meets.

I'd like to start going again when they start up in '05. All "Igor" really needs is a set of good tires.
Anybody else up for it? If I'm there, you're guarranteed to beat atleast one person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts