Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all :wave:

Need to rip out the rear side panels in the MX6 (1gen). When it rains one of the seatbelts gets wet behind the C pillar plasticy panely thingy.
I think the painters may have forgotten to connect the drainage tube from the roof tray so the water just runs into the top of the C pillar....

Ive had a quick optic, and it seems to be a bit of effort involved....
Anyone done it before??
Easy?? Hard?? Hints!!

Any help is appreciated before i start ripping this thing out!!

Mark :D
PS: In the mean time, some tool had reversed into my newish RX8 red paintwork....:damnmad:

·
Registered
299 Posts
its actually pretty easy, i cant remember what to tool is called but there about $20 from autobahn, you use it to pry in behind the panel and the chassis and lift the clips that hold the panels on off.. it basically looks like a Y from memory.. hope that helps :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
double post

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
@lim is your man for ripping apart a 1st gen :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
if u wanna ask sumone ask lxss coz i seen him rip out his interior from back seats to complete dash

so lxss knows wot he doin so just ask him

·
Registered
245 Posts
100% its the drainage tube from the sunroof, i had the same problem but on mine the tube was ripped and was leaking water into the seat belt.. its not too hard to remove the plastic bits, be gentle not to break any clips, from memory you will need to remove the plastic bit on top of the rear window from the inside and the side pillar plastic cover.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
do it slow is what I can suggest. It's a bit like that polsihing you do. The better you start it finishes up looking better.

yeah it's most likely the rear sunroof drain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just taken all the trim out of mine to clean it.

Under the rear lower seat cushion, two white clips, push towards the rear of the car and lift the seat up at the same time, (you may find a quick tug works)

pull off the door rubber. 1 screw at the top of the trim on the parcel shelf, and one just behind the hinge plate for the seat back at the bottom. (can't remember if you can get to it without removing the hinge plate) thats it, the panel just pulls off. be careful of the clips, I started from the door end and worked back.

FYI.... the cloth covered parts come off easy to wash. but don't tell your girlfriend you used the bath tub to wash them.

-A-

A..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts