Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
I know a few European members use propane injection.(LPG)

Reactions: n2o_matt

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I'm running alki/water injection. I am using a windshield washer pump, pressure switch, and cold start injector activated at 10 psi. I plan to change to a fuel pump, regulator, and use 2 or 3 injectors in the future.

Right now I am running nitrous so there's no need for the water injection anymore. Nitrous does an awesome job of cooling the air.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rebel2k4 said:
I'm running alki/water injection. I am using a windshield washer pump, pressure switch, and cold start injector activated at 10 psi. I plan to change to a fuel pump, regulator, and use 2 or 3 injectors in the future.

Right now I am running nitrous so there's no need for the water injection anymore. Nitrous does an awesome job of cooling the air.

Cool when you upgrade to a better WI system you should think about a water pump and not use a fuel pump. A fuel pump does not work good with water it will rust, and you do not want to inject small peices of rust into your engine. You can get a 100psi water pump for cheaper than you can get a fuel pump anyways. I use water injection & propane injection and love it. You can build a very good WI system for less than 250.00 an I mean a good system. Just thought I would try and help out.

Chris

Thanks for the props on my site DEX

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
rebel2k4 said:

Aah, cold start injector! Never thought about using that. I was going to get some sort of agricultural nozzle for my kit. What did you use for fluid? Just plain water or alcohol. I'm wondering if washer fluid would be ok to use since it's easily available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Washer fluid is ok to use but it has a gel in it that prevents streaks on your windshield, and that gel clogs jets and nozzles just a heads up. Most washer fluid is also a alcky water mix to keep from freezing in the winter.

Chris

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I have tried washer fluid but I was also using a 50/50 denatured alcohol and distilled water mix.

That's a good point about the rust. Where do you suggest I get a water pump? I was using a windshield washer pump but I've heard they can only make around 30 psi.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
-=TWITCH=- said:
Washer fluid is ok to use but it has a gel in it that prevents streaks on your windshield, and that gel clogs jets and nozzles just a heads up. Most washer fluid is also a alcky water mix to keep from freezing in the winter.

Chris
How come it dosent clog the washer nozzles though?

Oh and I'm having trouble logging into your site. I registered last night using username anarchyx34 and email [email protected] and my browser crashed right afterwards. I havent received any e-mail to confirm registration or anything and when i try and use the "lost password" function of the site it says my account is inactive. Can you fix it for me?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
hey great site there.
but me too have troubles reading topics...i did register and i can view the index but as soon as i click a topic it says:
"We're sorry, but the page you were looking for could not be found.
Use this new web search tool to find what you're searching for."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts