Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah me too, but i wont bid against you or anything, will you let us know the juicy details??:tup:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
spotted this the other day, its already had a retracted bid of £500 on it from a dodgy bidder so its getting some attention.

If anyone wins it and wants a good rear caliper I have a pair on the breaker car.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lets just hope he doesnt have a mate bidding for him (retracted bid...his mate maybe??)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Are they ok as coming off the same years car? Also hes says he'll sort the problem for £50 is that a little optimisic?

Dave
All the calipers are the same AFAIK. I'm breaking a j-spec so j-spec calipers may be different to UK but I doubt it.

£50 to fix it proberbly means a lot of WD40 on the handbrake mech at the top of the caliper. Its a common problem. The lever on top where the handbrake cable attaches sticks and you have to get underneath and knock it off.

The calipers on my j-spec are free and work fine. You can have them for £30 the pair + postage.

Good luck with it mate.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Dave,

I am afraid this is the world we live in now.

Full of self interested and selfish people.

It was so much better in the late 50's, 60's and early 70's.

Take care

Paula

PS. mx6.com members are LUVVERLY though......:)

No response from the seller so far, and if no reply I won't be bidding on it.

Whats wrong with people replying these days.

No reply from my job applications, no feedback from failed interviews, no reply to voicemails chasing up job applications. NO REPLY.

Sorry rant over.

Dave

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Always worries me when theres no reply, from buyers or sellers. You can always tell when someone has been proxy bidding on their own stuff because it re-appears on ebay a day later and theres no mention of a non paying bidder.

Will be watching this closely. If it goes for under £500 its worth the gamble but if it starts creeping over that you really should be chatting to the seller via phone before hand.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i agree with Windy, its not the greatest of ads-no info, too few pics etc etc, and I KNOW hes got a no reserve auciton, BUT STILL, its a car hes selling, a car that can end up causing serious issues for unsuspecting buyers.

IF anyone suspects anything, just report him to ebay, but he could very well be genuine, what you have to remember is he has setup as private, so MUCH HARDER to trace bidders-to see if they are real...!! teh only other thing you can do is trace his previous sales/buys etc..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Still no response. If anyone was holding back on bidding for my sake, bid away. Obviously doesn't want to sell it that bad or doesn't like some of my questions.

I asked the usual

When was the belt last done?

Any oil leaks (camcover)?

Steering issues?

Tapping noises (HLA's)?

Service history?

More pictures?

Anyway no response so I wont be bidding.

Dave

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Dave,

Sounds suspicious to me, I am afraid ........:(

Take care

Paula

Still no response. If anyone was holding back on bidding for my sake, bid away. Obviously doesn't want to sell it that bad or doesn't like some of my questions.

I asked the usual

When was the belt last done?

Any oil leaks (camcover)?

Steering issues?

Tapping noises (HLA's)?

Service history?

More pictures?

Anyway no response so I wont be bidding.

Dave

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
agreed, i dont like the sound of it, hes either just not bothered, is busy at work or is dodgy!

shame....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts