Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was like holy crap

@14psi intake exhaust and chip

thats like 41 more hp and 80 more torque off the stock setup.

edit *

sorry zombie for stealing your pic, expect some money from me in the near future (for the chip)

·
Registered
387 Posts
easyBob said:
Great peak #'s. Too bad it drops as soon as it hits 3500rpm.... At least he doesn't need to worry about overrevving his engine. :D

-Chris
I found this dyno from TexasMX6GT

It was done on 15 psi and had a 5th injector, intake and 2.25" exhaust.

Notice how the HP drops bigtime after 4k? There is also a huge difference in the smoothness of the curves. After tuning the power picks up everywhere in the RPM band.

Look at the massively huge low end improvement. On the dyno by TexasMX6GT look at the tq difference in the low end. At 3000 rpms his car was making about 185 Tq. On slackers dyno he was making about 230.

Peak numbers don't mean jack. Area under the curve is what matters. If you notice, that car has a lot of area under the curve :) Power drops becaue boost drops (as everyone who is running over 12 psi knows :( ). There is probably an additional 5 hp in the chip if I were to lean it out some more on the top end, but I have it setup for when people upgrade.

Does anyone have a stock graph they could post?

I'd like to see what would happen on a t-bird and a reground cam.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is my dyno:
This was done with t-bird at 15psi bleeding to about 13-14. I have a 2.5" turboback with a highflow car, blaster coil, and cone with a 255 pump. This was done with adams chip and i was running REALLY lean when boost kicked in. And for soem reason i am gtting more HP then Zombie and it seems to maintain it untill almost 5k rpm.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Moridin said:
Here is my dyno:
And for soem reason i am gtting more HP then Zombie and it seems to maintain it untill almost 5k rpm.

The dyno that was posted was not mine, it was done by Slacker911 and he has a STOCK turbo compared to your t-bird. At 15 psi on a t-bird you would be running dangerously lean unless you have some way to add more fuel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes it was mine. Glade you got it on the site.

Car had an intake, racing Mazda 2.5" down pipe, test pipe, and an crappy MBC set at 14psi. The cat-back was stock hence why it drops off so much. Only other none factory items on the car where an HKS ss bov, NGK plugs, autometer boost gauge and I think I was running 205/60 tires (slightly larger then stock), none of these affect the dyno though. The AC/PS belt was on and both where functioning. I bought the chip just like everybody else, Jeremy did not even know anything about me, my car, or my dyno until I posted it on this board. The only reason I am going out of my way to list mods and other items is so there will be no misinformation or questioning going on and the fact Jeremy is a good guy and sells a good product.

The stock exhaust is horrible, probably the worst/smallest stock turbo exhaust I have seen. The bay was a little on the hot side when the dyno was done also. The boost did drop some in the higher RPM but not too bad.

I will be going back to the dyno in a few months with a cam regrind and a 3" exhaust. I will post results after I go.

·
Registered
160 Posts
heh, VERY LOW from this image. I have to check my compression because i think it shoudl be pretty low and i need to rebuild.

·
Registered
387 Posts
slacker, you had the stock cat and exhaust on for that dyno!?!?

If thats the case you'll be over 200 with just getting an exhaust and no cat. Thats pretty crazy. I thought you already had a full exhaust on your car. Guess you just have an exceptionally strong running car.

Psst. Up the boost to 15-16 ;) Break through the 200whp barrier on the stock turbo. It's a difficult thing to do.

Moridin, your a/f is dangerously lean on that dyno. There is definately more power left in your car if you get it dialed in correctly. You wouldn't happen to be close to las vegas would you.

Free tuning to anyone who comes to vegas with an upgraded turbo :)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
ZombieSS said:

Free tuning to anyone who comes to vegas with an upgraded turbo :)
Still working on it, I've got a GN turbo deal working out as we speak....

·
Registered
387 Posts
hmmmm i maybe in the market for that chip after seeing that. I don't think adam's chip provides power gains like that.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Car had an intake, racing Mazda 2.5" down pipe, TEST PIPE, and an crappy MBC set at 14psi.
No cat 2.5" test pipe. Cat-back is stock. I will break 200whp this summer on the stock turbo as long as it does not blow up before I get to a dyno. My goal is to break 225 whp :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Moridin said:
Here is my dyno:
This was done with t-bird at 15psi bleeding to about 13-14. I have a 2.5" turboback with a highflow car, blaster coil, and cone with a 255 pump. This was done with adams chip and i was running REALLY lean when boost kicked in. And for soem reason i am gtting more HP then Zombie and it seems to maintain it untill almost 5k rpm.
Yeah, you'll get more power by running slightly leaner but, it's not worth the risk of blowing your engine. So, I guess it's true that the other chips don't offer a remapped fuel curve.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
As far as that dyno chart, I had a BAD miss over 4,000 rpm's, that I still haven't ironed out yet. It goes away when we drop the boost back down to stock levels. That's why the chart gets so rough after 4K, it was cutting out like crazy.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
TexasMX6GT said:
As far as that dyno chart, I had a BAD miss over 4,000 rpm's, that I still haven't ironed out yet. It goes away when we drop the boost back down to stock levels. That's why the chart gets so rough after 4K, it was cutting out like crazy.
What plug gap are you running?

·
Registered
666 Posts
.32 if I remember correctly. My friend bought the car and is actually spending money fixing it up. We're trying to get the miss figured out now. When we turned the boost back down to 8 psi, it's as smooth as silk. So, the miss has to be either fuel or ignition related at higher boost. Air/fuel ratio guage is on it's way. I should have bought one long ago, but, I'm married and broke, and he's single and acutally has money to throw at the car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
the problem could be that the 5th injector is supplying too much fuel and putting the spark out. I'd lean more towards getting a blaster coil, they provide more spark engergy and work well at higher boost levels. It's what I used to cure my spark issues when I could not run 16+ psi.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts