Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone was into snowboarding. I've been wanting to get into it for a while as I don't have a winter activity (aside from hockey) and with all the snow I just can't sit around anymore. My neighbour works for Rossignol and was gonna set me up with some stuff to try it out and give me a good discount if I like it. I just wanted to know your opinions...

bj

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hey

Where are you? I'm in Calgary here and you should definatly try it, personally I like sking more but its all good. I have to say though that putting a ski/board rack on our cars, assuming you have a sun roof, sucks not to mention it looks stupid.
Just a minor beef.
Cya.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Montreal, I figure rather than complain about the crazy amount of snow we have gotten, I should pick up skiing or boarding. That way I can be happy when it snows instead of upset. (I still can't wait for spring to get here, it's just so much more fun driving the 6 in the spring/summer) Anyways, I'm going skiing this weekend, and snowboarding the weekend after. Take care!

bj

·
Registered
283 Posts
me and my girl and a couple of my friends just did snowboarding up in pennslyvania for the first time its mad fun, but the next day be ready to not be able to move, I also play hockey too

·
Registered
27 Posts
Snowboarding is phat. I had been dieing to try it, and me and my boyfriend finally did. last weekend. I go to school 15min away from a ski resort so im thinking of actually trying to learn in depth. But as of now im still recovering from last weekend. Defintely try it. Its quiet an experience

·
Registered
166 Posts
ive been snowboarding for about 5 years now. its an awesome sport. extremely fun. something everyone should try at least once.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've been boarding for 6 years now. Last weekend, I went backcountry boarding for the 1st time, and it was the best boading of my life! Nothing beats 40 degree slopes and 2 feet of soft powder in Whistler BC (unless you can afford heli-skiing in Alaska.) However, going into the backcountry is not recommended unless you have avalanche training and all the proper equipment - transciever, probe, shovel, etc.

·
Registered
763 Posts
MX6Princess said:
Snowboarding is phat. I had been dieing to try it, and me and my boyfriend finally did. last weekend. I go to school 15min away from a ski resort so im thinking of actually trying to learn in depth. But as of now im still recovering from last weekend. Defintely try it. Its quiet an experience
damn.. princess in the mx-6!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts