Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to replace the turbo in my '89 GT. (155K miles) I see where IHI now has the RHF5 - ball-bearing version of the RHB5. Anyone try one? Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks,
mlp-mx6

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm considering the Knight Turbos T3/T04 upgrade as well. Anyone with experience here? Please let me know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
108 Posts
TKT f\s

I have a TKT for sale. I have had it for about 2 months and only have about 200 miles on it. I am including everything I used to hook it up, since it is not exactly a bolt-on kit as TKT says. I had no problems with it, I just like my TEC turbo better. The TKT is a big turbo though, and the bigger you go the more lag you get, this kicked in at about 3000 rpm instead of the usual 2500 or so from smaller units. I ran 18 psi on it and when the boost hit, I could break the tires loose in the MIDDLE of 2nd gear (around 4000rpm). It creates big big power but its mostly in the middle to top end, which would make it a perfect drag turbo. If interested or have any questions email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From where did you get your unit? How much was it? Did it fit in the original housing (with mods?)?

More details, please!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts