Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just sending a feeler out to see if anyone else is interested in going down to an import night at grand bend or someplace for 1/4 mi. racing, to see how fast our cars really are.

Anyone interested? I also heard about lapping days (pay by the lap) @ shannonville. I don't know many details, but it might be something to look into.

Anyone want to bet on which I rather do? :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
lapping days

I was actually down there in TO to go do some lapping at shannonville last weekend. but there was a club holding an event there and you had to have a racing licence to join. :( (My racing license is only for kart racing and here in quebec.)

Me too, i "love to corner". I'm not really into racing in a straight line and i've tried to mod up me ride for handling instead of all out acceleration.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was up there May 7-8th for motorcycle racing school and afterward the track was closed off for a lapping day with cars. I need to dig up the sheet for it but I didn't hear about any race licenses being needed. It was just a pay per lap day. $5 per lap of the long circuit. or 5 laps for $20.

Seems reasonable to me.... but those rumble strips are scary... I've seen them fly by at 140+... I"ve even touched my knee on them, MAN! are they ever big when you're that close!

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
where

where is this place?

You mean you can take your car here and race it on a track or in a line? I wouldnt mind getting some quarter mile time sheets.. but i dont want to have to drive to cayuga just to do that... where abouts is shannonville?

cheers

·
Registered
191 Posts
**I didn't hear about any race licenses being needed **

i meant that the car club holding the event at the time needed a racing license.

you're right about the lapping being $5 per lap and also i heard you can pay $20 for 5 laps.
i saw this on their website www.shannonville.com, but i can't get to the site anymore.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts