Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just swaped a ze into my car and it fired right up after (240.00) for a new a spec disty....neways it was running good....after i noticed the water pump gushing out my new fluid...orignaly i planed on changing the timing belt, pulleys, tensioner arm and the water pump but the friend that was letting me swap my motor needed it done asap so i ended up skipping that stuff thinking it would be okay for another 40 k....well after the fact the water pump is long gone now after i went around the block the timing jumped! (atleast im getting the symptums of the timing jumping) neways ive put new ngk plugs in 2 new distys messed with all the stuff i can think of....when i finally did get it running the car just spudders when you give it gas and wants to die instead of idle.....neways im gonna change the water pump the timing belt all the pulleys and crap and i was wondering if someone would help me if i pay them....i just put this motor in and im not motivated enough to do this days later after i put the engine in.....let me know if you would be interested....the guys over on PT didnt even respond to say no

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i'm willing to get my hands dirty....but i've never worked on a ZE before...but willing to lend some knowledge :) if you got a garage, cuz i don't like working in the rain and are local (tacoma area maybe?)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
haha, jeffrey, whats up buddy! Sorry to hear about the problems... There are some people on here that might help but only a few that dealt with ZE's, don't know if you need somebody specialized. All the people that have done ze swaps don't post often so you'll have to wait a little for somebody to get back, and i assume you need it asap. Good luck though, hope something works out

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kent area right by SIR or pacific race ways whatever your familar with...right now its under a car port but if i can get it running long enough to drive over to my freinds it will be in a garage....its not so much cus its a ZE i just need to do a basic water pump timing belt uper and lower ideler pulleys and the tensioner arm....i just never done a timing belt and i wanna make sure i do it right and get all the marks lined up....i think the timing has jumped so much thats why it dosnt wanna start now

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know i guess ive always like takin things appart and tryin to put them back together...like when i took my tv appart when i was 12 that was interesting...still worked too....lol i dont know really i guess i learned alot from my dad when i was little...i did my first tranny swap when i was 16 in my driveway with hand tools and a jack

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
j-freeze said:
kent area right by SIR or pacific race ways whatever your familar with...right now its under a car port but if i can get it running long enough to drive over to my freinds it will be in a garage....its not so much cus its a ZE i just need to do a basic water pump timing belt uper and lower ideler pulleys and the tensioner arm....i just never done a timing belt and i wanna make sure i do it right and get all the marks lined up....i think the timing has jumped so much thats why it dosnt wanna start now
i'm down. ask i_m_jones how my work is, i put on a intake for him. anyone who's seen my engine knows that i can work on a car. i'm good at turning wrenches. just need a haynes or chilton to know how to set the timing right on the car when we do the pump and timing belt. let me know what days are good for you...find my contact info up in the sticky here in the nw forums.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright sounds good guys...my timing belt kit got sent out today should be here like wednesday or thursday...i still gotta pick up a water pump and figure out the best place to get a tensioner arm....prolly mazda or ford...then i wanna shoot for this friday or saturday to put it in....its been so damn cold latly so hopfully my buddy will let me use his garage....problem is if i can get it running long enough to get to his house...that or just tow it down the road its not as far as the last two times i had to move it but that was when it had the blown rod bearings....now im looking into a m62 supercharger...id like the one from the bulk buy but ppl that paid over a year ago and havnt got it....id like it sometime this year lol....neways hopfully its up and running so i can show my face at a few meets tell it breaks again.....if not i can atleast maybe show my face and drive the celica to the meet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts