Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There isnt much to it at all.

First you find a "charge pipe" which is the metal pipe that connects to the throttle body boot.

Then take the lower intercooler hose off:

This is a side view of what the lower intercooler and charge pipe look like when connected:

However, the lower intercooler hose and charge pipe are almost identicle if you turn the charge pipe upside down:

So you just use one piece of straight rubber hose to connect charge pipe to charge pipe and two clamps:

Like so:

And one piece from charge pipe to intercooler with two clamps as well.

This partial hardpipe assembly can be done for about....ehhhhhhhhh $10.00

Don't forget the karma
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Didn't work on my car. The pipe was 1.5" too long on both sides and doesn't have the correct angles- :flamer: Bad Idea. The pipe wouldn't line up inbetween the intercooler's outlet and the original charge pipe's inlet.

Maybe this would work if the original charge pipe was unbolted from the engine, then it could move around to make a connecting angle??????
Just didn't want to do that though.

I tried this to corect one of my problems- http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110906

Still working to fix my intake leak/overboost alarm.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
i needed to chop the charge pipe about 1.5" to get it to fit. and it fits well know. but also for anyones interest, i had 3 charge pipes, 2 the same, one different.the one that was different had a longer bracket to the gearbox mount, and also was a bit longer in length and because of that had a slightly shorter bottom cooler pipe! this may be of interest to some. but yeah the mod works, not quite like sixsick6 said so (for me anyway) but eh it works, im happy put it this way i woudlnt do this mod thinking its going to really achieve a great deal, but if you're bored one day give it a go.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
sorry cant give ya karma

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Of course! I just forgot to try to read your mind. Incomplete projects get incomplete karma, or what ever??

:rolleyes:lazy.....

Good project sick! I took it one step further and did all my piping with a few of them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts