Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was wondering where i can get a short shifter. local ricer shops dont even have them for a 2nd ge mx6, so naturaly they dont have one for my 89 GT. so i need some help on where to get one....i dont car what kind. i just need a new one...that long throw is just a bitch!

next, i want to find a set of lowering springs or coil overs for less than 260. because this guy in this same ricer shop has them but says they are gonna be 260 unless i can find them for cheeper and he will honar that price. so could you al please help a brother out and hit me up with some links for these things? or if you have a set or something for sale then let me hit you up on that!!!

thanks guys and the only girl i know on here!

·
Registered
318 Posts
They sell the Pacesetter Short Shifter on Carparts.com I think it is something like $60m, and from what I hear its great.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Rendell's right about the pacesetter. Unlike the piece-of-crap exhaust that they make, the short-shifter is a nice piece. It installs easily, and the throws can be shortened by something like 70%. It's adjustable, so you can shorten the shift to where you want. Remember, as the shift distance gets shorter, the effort required to shift goes up. I have mine at the shortest setting, and I've gotten used to it, but my friends all trip on it, and it's so stif that my Mom can barely drive my car now.
As for springs, check ebay. I got mine for $100 new. I've seen Intrax springs go for less.
I've been quoted at $225 for Eibachs from a few places, so call around to some of the places that advertise in Sport Compact Car Magazine.
Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I'm rather fond of my pacesetter shifter, although the effort can be annoyingly high at times. Corksport also makes a shifter for $75 but it requires you to send in your stock one for modification.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've been quoted 175 and tax for Eibach springs from a local wholesaler I can buy from through work. I should order mine in a week or two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts