Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think its possiable i ask....

do you think it is possiable for me to put the front end of a 89 Probe GT onto the front of a 89 MX-6 GT? it would look kick ass. but i ask again do you think it is possiable?? if you photoshop people could do it...try it out on the computer and see what it would look like and post it up here....

hey just an idea to have a hybrid.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day, and I guess it would work, but swapping the popup headlights would be a bitch.
You'd have to get a probe and your 6 and take them apart and compare the panels and stuff to be sure it would work.
There are no 1st gen probes here anyway, so it's not something I'd seriously consider doing, and I prefer the mazda front anyway.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Personaly I think it would look awful. All our cars need is a good looking bodykit. Hell for the price youd spend making that conversion, you could put on a body kit say off a 240. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
geez......it was just a thought...

Geez guys...bite my head off....it was just a thought...when i was looking at my PGT and my six...damn...no need to diss on another 1st gen member...
at least im not putting hydos on my six...

G

·
Hydros on your 6!!!!! Now that would own...then again...yeah...that would be totally gay. I checked out the dimentions and I don't think you'd get an exact match. You'd have to get a custom front spoiler and custom side skirts to make them line up right. Not to mention the headlights. Also, the body lines would be off. I'm not saying it would look good or bad, I'm just saying logistically, I'm pretty sure it just wouldn't work out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
MX-6 fenders on a 626

Since we're on the topic of swapping front ends...

Has anyone swapped the front fenders from an MX-6 to a 626? you'd have to swap the indicators as well I think.

The MX-6 fenders have flared guards, which look cool. I don't think the lines of the fenders would match the 626 doors though, and the doors are different lengths too.

The hoods are the same though, aren't they?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Since we're on the topic of conversions...

I'm going to be doing a conversion on my six, I'm going to put S15 headlights and taillights on my six. What do you guys think post your thoughts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: geez......it was just a thought...

Madrox89GT said:
Geez guys...bite my head off....it was just a thought...when i was looking at my PGT and my six...damn...no need to diss on another 1st gen member...
at least im not putting hydos on my six...

Hey,I've had enough of this bashing on hydraulics on my 6... personally, around here you do anything to not look like another car on the street.. And here in the Northwest there is alot of it.... I can personally say that I have one of the most Unique and best looking 6's here in the N.W.... I tried the speed thing, and we just cant compete with honda's.. or atleast I cant... U shouldn't bash me for being different. just tring to bring another perspective to the customization of an Mx-6... Not dissing on anyone here, but that is my opinion.. you do anything to get noticed... and around here i get noticed

·
Registered
134 Posts
You guys are killing me....

I can't believe you guys don't know what a S15 is, No it's not a truck of any kind. It's a JDM Nissan Silvia or in American terms Nissan 240sx but way more potent. I posted a earlier reply but it's not here now I don't know where it went to. Like I post earlier if you want to see what the headlights look like goto autoall.com and look into the exterior mods section.

G

·
those lights are pretty tight, i can't imagen that they'd just bolt right in.. do you know what kinda work it's gonna take to get them in?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey yks357.....

yeah I know how much work is involved but that's what you gotta do to survive in the show world. If you don't spend the money on the mods you don't win the trophies. I'll post pics when I get them installed, should look wild.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Youll look like a 240sx. Not bad though, like the cover car on the new Import Tuner, thats a bad-ass car. Are you doing just lights or the whole front end? How much did you buy them for, Im sure it wasnt kind to your wallet? Im going to attempt to get my hands on some Skyline taillights, R32 or R33. Good luck on your conversion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts