Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the same size that I have (not sure of the offset) but they are 18 x 7.5 wheels. The problem is that I'm getting the car back from the shop today and I wanna roll the fenders and back quarter. However, they were just painted and I don't wanna mess up the paint. Anybody have the same size tires who didn't roll their fenders and not experience any rubbing?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the same setup, do you mean you also have GC coilovers as low as they go on all corners?

·
Registered
446 Posts
When you say, "GC coilovers as low as they go on all corners", did you modify your stuts? (Are the GCs really as low as they can be made to go?)

I had 235/40/18 Toyo Proxy FZ4 tires on 18 X 7.5" Quantum Type S-11 for a year and a half with GCs lowering the car on modified (to allow lower GC perch) stock struts with no rubbing problems. When I threw on the Tokico Illuminas, the rear tires rubbed and I replaced them with 225/40/18 Yokahama Paradas. Fenders are stock, Tokicos are unmodified, GCs are as low as they go in the rear and I lowered the front to match that same fenderwell gap (~3/4"). No problems...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts