Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

To anyone who has a Ninja/Shogun Kit, please can you help me out: I would like just a few measurements of the kit so that I can gauge how my car will deal with humps and potholes where I live if I get the kit.

1. if u look at the front bumper from the side, looking at the bottom of the bumper, I need a measurement from the wheel arch to the tip of the front bumper (to gauge side length)
2. also from the side, I need the height if the front bumper ie. measurement from where it attaches on the side belowe the headlight, to the bottom of the front bumper (to gauge ground clearance)
3. on back bumper, I need a height measurement from where the rear addon pieces attach (where the actual original bumper attaches) to the bottom of the addon piece where its at its longest ie. at the wheel arch. (to gauge rear ground clearance).

It's difficult to see pics and ground clearance measurements from ppl cause of different wheels and lowering springs, so this is the best way to get the actual measurements of the fibreglass pieces.

Any help highly appreciated!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
not to be a **** but,, if you do live around alot of pot holes and bumps , then I would suggest to get the tc spoiler kit cause it sits much higher.. I my self have already cracked my front bumper from hitting a small pot hole but then again I do have my car lowered,,,

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the opinion rstyle. no need to apologize, I understand fully where you are coming from :) In y area the potholes are not really a major concern, most have been fixed and those not fixed are minor. It's mainly speed humps, most of which are uniform in size in the entire region. THats why I want some measurements so I can gauge how the 6 with a shogun kit will fare here. the 2 reasons I dont want the tc kit is:

1. personal opinion, I dont like it. THe front to me seems like an attempt at being aggressive which didnt quite make it and the sideskirts just out too much behind the door etc. just my thoughts, nothing against those with the kit
2. i am importing the kit from another country to me in south africa. it will work out around $800 shipped to me which is a pretty good price considering shipping costs. to get the tc kit I will have to get it from USA. i got a quote from a few places and if I have to import a kit from USA it will cost me around $1500!! cause shipping USA to me is much more expensive + customs is higher.

all in all I am definitely going for shogun kit if anything, so the measurements are just an added safety check before I go through with the import. So, any help with the measurements will be great!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the hint, but I don't really need ideas for solutions to ground clearance problems, I need if possible those measurements to see if its at all feasible. I don't want to get the kit and find out I have to raise my suspension or something the like :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
ok here they are:

back:--- 15 1/2 in. from the tip of the bottom to the top of the add on peice,,, clearence"on my car" is 4'in.

front:----13 1/2 in. "from the side of the front bumper" clearence "on my car " is 4'in.

side skirt:----13' from the half door peice to the bottom.. clearence "on my car" is 5'in..... " I never have prob. with the sides!"

these measurment might be off by a bit cause the ruler I used kert bending,, but hopefully youll get some kind of idea.. ohh the only real reason my kit cracked was becasue when I hit the pot hole I was going kinda of fast! I never really have alot of prob. with the front end cause I started to leard how drive over stuff better,, I would get coil overs but insted im getting air rods and bags,, so theres no need for my to spend 350.00 now ,, since im getting it baged in about a month--im post ponding the paint job untill that guy get back so hopefully my car will be done in exactly a month and 2 weeks!! pray for me !! hehe

ohh and"lando" I would say go for it and get the kit cause I drive around arlington all the time with out any prob,,, the only thing to watch out for is the steep hill when your getting into driveways--- hey how about we meet up sometime!
ohh and my kit as about a 1/2in crack from the tip of the mouth,, but its still pretty sterddy!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi again,

Thanks for the measurements!!

when you say "front:----13 1/2 in. "from the side of the front bumper", is that from the wheel arch to the front ie. length of the bumper?

just one last favor please, please can I have the measurement of the height of the front bumper, ie. from where it attaches belowe the headlight, vertically to the wheel arch. this will help me gauge my estimated ground clearance.

BTW, have you lowered you car? or is the roughly 4" clearance in the front on stock?

·
Registered
216 Posts
my car is lowered1.75in all around,,,,, the measurments of the front 13 1/2in is from the tip of the kit on the side were the wheel is to were it attaches underneath the light.. does that help? if not let me see if I can take some pics later and ill label everything for you cool?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics will be great thanks! i see the 13.5" you mentioned is the vertical height, thus the only measurement I will need is horizontal length from wheel arch to the tip at the front. I'm sure pics will clear up any misunderstandings :) . if u need i can make a pics showing the 3 measurements I need and I can send it to u by email (i dont have a phot account at any website sorry), just let me know :)

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts