Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at purchasing a used apex n1 muffler from a friend for cheap, for my ls. I was wondering if anyone had a sound clip of a apex n1 muffler. Are they a raspy muffler? Any information about the muffler would be apprecaited. Also i plan on running stock tubing and cat.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I had one for a few months but got rid of it because it was to loud.If you like loud then get the muffler.

·
Registered
28 Posts
im buying one, and ill send soundbytes when i get it installed...i hear its very very loud...but it seems to be extremely popular

·
Registered
705 Posts
i have an N1 on my LS and it's loud, but than i my other car is even louder so i'm fine with it... the N1 doesn't sound like them Civic...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
My friend has one on his storm and its really raspy, he had to put a cherry bomb on to just to make it sound good, and its still raspy, but thats a totally different engine.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Thats why I noted they are different engines

·
Registered
134 Posts
decibels and the sound of your exhaust also depends on many other things also.. how big your motor is ?[example 2.0 liter ect.]... how big your piping is from your cat all the way to your muffler? [example 2"inch piping 2 and qaurter ect.].. having a hi-flow cat or headers also differs the sound because its less restriction on the air flow.. and of course they have "silencers" too calm down the sound of your exhaust..

- Roland

1 - 8 of 8 Posts