Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it work?
How many cc's are the FE3 injectors?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evo626 said:
Yes it will work. Fe-DOHC doesn't always use the F2 vaf, most are maf. I believe the ecu can take the afc signals. But try finding a FE-DOHC ecu and full wiring harrness and you realize why most just go standalone.
evo
my car is a "from-factory-fe-dohc" so i have the correct ecu for the Fe-dohc enginge, how can i tell if it's vaf or maf?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FlySwat said:
A VAF will have a mechanical flapper door in it, a MAF should just have a few wires running through it. (Or was that IAC? I forget)
A flapper in the piping between the airfilter to the intake? i'll take some pics of my ecu/engine and post them in ~2h

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A pic of the ecu:

A pic of the intake/airfilterbox:

·
Registered
178 Posts
the connector to that maf looks alot like our connectors to our vafs, so will the the fe3 maf work on our cars

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i'll take a pic of the connector removed later and a pic of what's inside the hosing. Gonna remove the airbox

Here is from within the air-box. It doesn't like at all like the F2 box inside:

Looks like a MAF to me?

G

·
That is a MAF.

]Originally Posted by: maxspeed92
the connector to that maf looks alot like our connectors to our vafs, so will the the fe3 maf work on our cars
No, Even if the VAF returned a linear signal that S-AFC could understand the F2 ECU will not be able to understand the S-AFC's output. This is why we can't just put a MAP sensor in our intake manifold and be done.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then the S-AVFshould work, do anyone have a pinlayout of the cable-connector for the FE-doch ecu?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
up

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
YouAsk said:
Then the S-AVFshould work, do anyone have a pinlayout of the cable-connector for the FE-doch ecu?
You migth find something in This zipped collection of JPEG`s

These are scanned photos of the pages describing wiring
from the workshop manual

::Warning:: these are from the Norwegian workshop manual and migth differ from the Swedish version

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
thanks.

FE3T , u got some kind of pinout directly of the the ecu-connector in the servicebook? i was able to find the MAF signal-pins i guess=)

am i gonna have to take the RPM signal from behind the instrument-cluster ?

speed?
throttle?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.