Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it work?
How many cc's are the FE3 injectors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
Yes it will work. Fe-DOHC doesn't always use the F2 vaf, most are maf. I believe the ecu can take the afc signals. But try finding a FE-DOHC ecu and full wiring harrness and you realize why most just go standalone.
evo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evo626 said:
Yes it will work. Fe-DOHC doesn't always use the F2 vaf, most are maf. I believe the ecu can take the afc signals. But try finding a FE-DOHC ecu and full wiring harrness and you realize why most just go standalone.
evo
my car is a "from-factory-fe-dohc" so i have the correct ecu for the Fe-dohc enginge, how can i tell if it's vaf or maf?
 
G

·
A VAF will have a mechanical flapper door in it, a MAF should just have a few wires running through it. (Or was that IAC? I forget)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FlySwat said:
A VAF will have a mechanical flapper door in it, a MAF should just have a few wires running through it. (Or was that IAC? I forget)
A flapper in the piping between the airfilter to the intake? i'll take some pics of my ecu/engine and post them in ~2h
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A pic of the ecu:



A pic of the intake/airfilterbox:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
the connector to that maf looks alot like our connectors to our vafs, so will the the fe3 maf work on our cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i'll take a pic of the connector removed later and a pic of what's inside the hosing. Gonna remove the airbox

Here is from within the air-box. It doesn't like at all like the F2 box inside:


Looks like a MAF to me?
 
G

·
That is a MAF.

]Originally Posted by: maxspeed92
the connector to that maf looks alot like our connectors to our vafs, so will the the fe3 maf work on our cars
No, Even if the VAF returned a linear signal that S-AFC could understand the F2 ECU will not be able to understand the S-AFC's output. This is why we can't just put a MAP sensor in our intake manifold and be done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then the S-AVFshould work, do anyone have a pinlayout of the cable-connector for the FE-doch ecu?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
maxspeed92 said:
the connector to that maf looks alot like our connectors to our vafs, so will the the fe3 maf work on our cars
looks the same, but its not. FE MAF connector is smaller then F2 VAF connector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
YouAsk said:
Then the S-AVFshould work, do anyone have a pinlayout of the cable-connector for the FE-doch ecu?
You migth find something in This zipped collection of JPEG`s

These are scanned photos of the pages describing wiring
from the workshop manual

::Warning:: these are from the Norwegian workshop manual and migth differ from the Swedish version
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
thanks.

FE3T , u got some kind of pinout directly of the the ecu-connector in the servicebook? i was able to find the MAF signal-pins i guess=)

am i gonna have to take the RPM signal from behind the instrument-cluster ?

speed?
throttle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
up
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top