Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Some people like to use plugs that are a step colder. Actually I think they use the plugs that are for the 4 cyl, just use 6 of them of course. I remember seeing some threads about klze plugs before. no time to search right now. I'm using DE plugs in my ZE and seems ok.

like the titel says.

are the sparkplugs different in length for the DE engine or the ZE engine?

i mounted my DE sparkplugs in my ZE, will i be okay or shall i take them out..?

thanks

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
oh yeah, i didn't even answer the question. one thing i know is that, the klze i bought had motorcrap plugs in it and i compared it to the ngk plugs I got, which are for a klde, and the klde ones were actually longer but a millimeter or so. not sure if those motorcraft plugs were especially for the klze or not.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i got NGK plugs for the 4 cylinder engine for my KLZE... runs fine.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
if you use the DE plugs, you have to gap them differently or the pistons WILL hit the plugs. its happened to a few member a long time ago, i remember reading about it on here some where

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
so if the pistons do indeed hit the plugs (i replaced my plugs a few days ago with ngk but they were for the DE), will it make loud noises? any symptoms of the pistons hitting the plugs?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
it will make a screaching noise. if ur using DE pistons.. u might be fine.. not sure tho.. i would still do the ZE tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts