Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY I NEED NEW O2 SENORS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE MADE AFTER MARKET ONES. IS IT TRUE ON A 93' V-6 5-SPEED THERE ARE 2 O2 SENORS?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes there are aftermarket O2 sensors and yes your car has two of them.Most part stores carry them and they are half the dealers price, ask for a universal sensor.You need to know if its a 3 or 4 wire sensor.Mine had two 4 wire sensors.You have to splice the wires yourself because the universal comes with crimps,don't solder them cause the wire is stainless steel and the solder won't hold.I didn't even have to jack up my car to change either the f or r,but trust me get a O2 socket and crows foot socket(7/8).

[Edited by SLINK on 02-24-2001 at 05:29 PM]

·
Registered
543 Posts
SLINK said:
Yes there are aftermarket O2 sensors and yes your car has two of them.Most part stores carry them and they are half the dealers price, ask for a universal sensor.You need to know if its a 3 or 4 wire sensor.Mine had two 4 wire sensors.You have to splice the wires yourself because the universal comes with crimps,don't solder them cause the wire is stainless steel and the solder won't hold.I didn't even have to jack up my car to change either the f or r,but trust me get a O2 socket and crows foot socket(7/8).

[Edited by SLINK on 02-24-2001 at 05:29 PM]
actually, the ones I bought from http://www.CARPARTSGAINT.COM were direct replacement and did not need to be spliced. I think I only paid $55, but I cant remember. MAke sure that you go out and count the number of wires comming from your stock sensor before ordering(3 or 4) so you get the right part number.

·
Registered
283 Posts
you can use the bosch 02 sensors thats what i used on my 93 mx6 auto they are good about 70 each 75

1 - 9 of 9 Posts