Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Ontario and I need my mx as an all year round car....but I wanna put ground effects on it cuz it looks sooooooo much better, but I can't put on the shogun kit(which I like a lot!!) cuz it's fibgerglass and I hear it gets pretty brittle and will break on me in the winter. I hear urethane is more durable and so I'd be somewhat alright to drive in the winter. If anyone knows who makes any urethane kits, it would help a lot! thanks! (somehow I doubt anyone makes urethane kits for the mx..ah well)
later

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Me too...

I have been trying to find this kind of info out for a while, all I can say is good luck!
Cya.
Claeren.
-------------------
Canadian '93LS

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know the quality of the Shogun kit and I have herd it is bad, but my car before my mx-6 was a fiero. Its whole body was made out of fiberglass. I live in Nebraska, and it gets down to 40 below in the winter and I never had a single problem with the body, nor has anyone I knew that drove a trans am or camaro, also fiberglass bodies. Unless the fiberglass is very, very low quality, I don't think that you will have to worry about it during the winter.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i dont believe they make a urethane body kit for the mx6. as for the kit itself, i know that it does not kit worth shit, but have not heard of it being brittle. i have the TC kit and the fiber glass is thin on it. ask coldnoodle this, he is the man on this stuff.

G

·
i know that the erebuni kits don't fit for crap, and they aren't durable at all. I'm pretty sure that there's not a urethane kit for our cars either.

G

·
The Mazdaspeed kit might be urethane. If it's fiberglass, then it'd better be damn good fiberglass, the kit is so damn expensive.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Even the real MS kit is made of fiberglass. The reason why it's so expensive, is becaues that fiberglass is a restricted material in Japan (environmental reason) so it costs more to produce, and also mostly because it's imported...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts