Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

has anybody heard one of these? tuneable or sealed muffler? i want a nice sounding muffler that will be the first and last one. ( i mean in the sense of not liking the sound) thanks guys for the great info on the others, but where is a site where i can look up just a muffler price on a greedy or hks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
one of my buddies works for arospeed and he has the arospeed tunable "bomb" muffler on his MX-6 (ls v6) and it sounds mint. Im telling you the name suits is perfectly. If an aeroplane had an exhaust, this is what it would sound like... He also demonstrated the deep tone by setting off a VW Jetta car alarm by revving his engine to bout 5000 rpm. It also adds some HP, but to create less back pressure i suggest you go from the cat back with a greddy which fits the 6 nicely and if you have a little more $$$ then HKS Draggar is extremely deep, but thats the kind of exhaust that catches the attention of other racersm girlz, but especially cops who HATE noise pollution :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have the HKS dragger and it is kinda loud but i love it i woul dnot take it off for nothing and it gave me some HP

125 Posts
The HKS Dragger, does that come out at an angle on our cars? I think that looks nice on Supra's and Integra's that I've seen it on? if not is there any catbacks that come out at an angle for the 6?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
whats the inlet size on a dragger? are there any with a 3 1/4 inch inlet. for my TKT exhaust. how big is the dragger potlet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey speedstar, did you listen to your buddy's arospeed when it had the silencer in it, and if so how did it sound then? Also, the normal sound was nice and deep? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
regarding your question will ---> with the silencer its sounds stock.. if you have an intake like him you just hear the air going through when its revving, but the sound is pretty quiet, but when its off i loved the sound. It was an extremely deep tone, not too loud but just very deep... hope that helps, but i still prefer the HKS draggar since i belive it add more HP when it is done from the cat back and it has a nice tone too. Too bad it can be adjustable, but both mufflers are nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone have pictures or know how this muffler looks on our cars? The muffler might not look very good on our cars. But if it doesn't look too bad, then a custom 2.5" alum-steel mandrel tubing exhaust with no cat and the arospeed will be my new exhaust system in a couple of months. Does anyone know the prices for the muffler, arospeed doesn't list them on their site. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Will... I'll see if i can get a pic of my buddies muffler, he has the BOMB muffler which already has a 4 or 4.5 inch tip with it and its not slanted like the teggys or civics. Its right in there and the tip sticks out nicely and i think it fits like a glove, but in my case im gettin the draggar exhaust since its deeper and is bigger and the actual muffler goes lower than the tip which brings out the effect more of a racing car. persoanally i would take Arospeed for dual exhaust, but it looks perfectly fine as Single... lemme try to get the pic and show you.. Hope I helped!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts