Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a long time since I've posted some pics of my car. I scrapped the civic headlights and went to Angel Eyes w/ GTS covers. Last month I received my Arospeed strut bar from ebay and have nothing bad to say about it. Noticable handling difference and nice solid construction. Also received my Weapon-R racing harnesses and removed all evidence of stock seatbelts. In about a week I should receive my VIS carbon fiber hood. Sparco pins are waiting and ready. Man I can't wait! And just yesterday I painted my stock rims glossy black, turned out sweet as anything. Anyone who is pondering doing this,.DO IT! ! But I will shut up now and give the pics. Please feel free to reply. Thanks everyone

PS.... I know it needs to be lowered (Sprint springs are being ordered soon). I will update everyone with pics once I receive my VIS C.F. hood and/or springs.

---------------------------------------------
Update: Just received my VIS C.F. Hood, here are some pics. I will be putting it on in the next few days with Sparco hood pins.

I purchased the hood from ebay for a grand total of $467 shipped.
I ordered it on december 10th and just got it yesterday. Everytime I called the people they said it was in the mail and i would have to call the next day for my tracking number. Great product but Sh** service!

-----------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Your car looks tight. I like those angel eyes with the headlight covers. I think you should take off the GTS sticker, if you can remove them. Definately needs the lower ;) Love the 4 point harness.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I like it man, good work.

·
Registered
226 Posts
looks good, maroon w/ the dark accents is always clean. when you've got the bills you should get some black 17s though....the stock wheels painted look a little off. clean ride.

--kendon

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I think your rims looks awesome :tup:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that color combo. Just a nice lowering and its on

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Color combo looks great, but I think instead of the hood, you should save your cash and get some nice 17 or 18 inch rims, and drop it...The more I see those headlights with the covers the more I like them, keep up the good work.

-Bryce

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the comments guys (and gals, Ruby)! I'm not really a big fan of 17's or 18's on the 6. I much rather perfer a modified stock look ( if their is such a thing ) because the 6 is so sexy stock looking. I could save myself $600-700 and put that towards performance such as the VIS C.F. hood and lowering springs. My hood is being shipped as I type and I'm still pondering what kind of springs I should get. I've done my research from this site and i think i have made my decision. Sprint springs are what i'm getting. From what i have read, Sprint springs lower the front more than the back and thats the look I want. I've seen the back lowered and I don't like the look of it from the rear. I know most of you recommend Eibach but i don't really like a rock stiff ride and don't want the bounce from Intrax and Sprint seems to be right there in the middle. I know StreethisMX6 has these springs and I love everything about his car. From reading all of the post relating to Sprint springs i have read no negative comments besides the raised back-end, I know Eibach are probably the best bet but i just can't stand a hard, stiff ride for everyday driving. I'm open to all comments and suggestions from everyone about springs, especially if it is related to Sprint springs. Once again thanks everyone for all of your comments:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
car looks good

car looks good, but those rims got to go. i give you mad props for working on them, and painting them. they look cool, but you should have gone with white or something. white looks so nice on that color. and i have tokico shocks, and i have never had anything better. look into them. hey where did you get those headlight covers. i think they look so dope. i have seen them on only two cars. i was going to get the angel eyes, but decided against it, because i wanted those covers! where can i get them.

thanx a lot.

car looks mad clean though. just the rims kinda throw me off.

gj

G

·
ok i live in probetalk.com an from what ive heard from spring springs they suck horribly. even for the drop the ride quality sucks. why not get some coilovers. not trying to change your mind just helpin a friend. oh and if you ever need someone to help with suspension, transmission, or engine my friend curtis is a mad mech. so hit me up sometime (me and arospeed liv in st pete just to clear things up)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mymxkix: i got the headlight covers from autozone, they order them directly from the manufacturer and get there in like 3 days.

natro: what is it exactly that you don't like about the springs? from the pictures of the people from the website i know that the back sits a little higher than the front which is what i want. i don't really like the look of the slammed back end. please fill me in on how they ride and whatnot.

if anyone else has any pics or comments about these springs please let me know. thanks alot everyone for the comments and all. keep um coming.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
God ugly. Biggest piece of **** I've seen. Civics look faster. JK Looks great. I agree with taking the gts stickers off. keep up the god work.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
God ugly. Biggest piece of **** I've seen. Civics look faster. JK Looks great. I agree with taking the gts stickers off. keep up the god work. Get eibachs. you can get them for about 200 shipped. better handling and it only sits about a 1/4 of an inch higher than the sprints. but I'm sure you know all this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
other suppliers?

does anyone know where else you can get those covers from?

I'd like to buy some angel eyes and covers but cant find anyone to ship to Australia.

Cheers,
Dean

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol

haha, thanks unkiedave. ( always the kidder )

I think i have come to a conclusion, I WILL TAKE THE M/F GTS STICKER OFF! haha, when i get around to it, that is. Meaning i have to get up from my computer chair and walk outside. God i'm getting to old for this!

Oh yeah, since i was too lazy to put the pics on the site from the getgo, they are up now.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sprint springs

i have some just dont have them on yet, I researched and found more good than negative so i figure what the hell try them. The bigest problem is that some people blame the springs when its the old struts or mounts that are acting up. Here is a good link Sprint Lowering link

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sprint springs

i have some just dont have them on yet, I researched and found more good than negative so i figure what the hell try them. The bigest problem is that some people blame the springs when its the old struts or mounts that are acting up. Here is a good link Sprint Lowering link

1 - 20 of 30 Posts