Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone read the article in Drive sometime in April about the MX6?

I didn't see it, but saw a reply in the editorial section for Drive 26/4 with said that they complained it was very understeery??? I've never seen any reviews about the car but was guessing that the mx6 was similar in handling to an mx5???

Anyone have any comments?

·
Registered
886 Posts
It was an article some weeks ago about "unnecessary equipment" in today's cars. 4WS in general was canned, and the 1st Gen MX-6 was used as an example. They also mentioned the Prelude system as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't see the article but I can guess at the content. The funny thing is that the MX6 & Probe are remembered poorly by the local press but if you read the articles written at the time the cars were available, testers were 'very pleasantly surpised'. I had never seen a Probe or MX6 beaten in a comparison test (of course we are talking about Celica, Preludes & the Holden /Opel thing) but when reflective articles are written all these negative comments come out.
BTW MX6 & MX5 are very different cars FWD vs RWD, 1.6ltr 4 (originally) vs 2.5 V6, 2 seat vs 4, sports car vs GT coupe

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
article also looked at chrysler turbine driven car (speedo read 45x1000 RPM :)) but it didn't cretisise MX6 4WS it mostly focused on the prelude and its basic mechanical working. but what it did criticise is the whole idea behind it and the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts