Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if it is possabal to run 2 1/4 pipe from my cat on back the place I went to said it was possabsal then I called them later (to make an appontimant) then they said nope sorry but you can bring it in and we can see what we can do with it. Also if they can do it how much hp does it give can you feel the power differance?

Thanx

·
Registered
48 Posts
What is possabal

I don't want to rip on you but the word is possible not "possabal"...

Anyways it is possible to run 2.25 inch piping from the cat back or 2.5, I've even heard of 3. Go to a different place if these monkeys can't figure it out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

Thanx for the info and i know i spelt it wrong but thanx any ways. Hope the monkeys can do it.

G

·
i have 2.5 on my first gen i really did feel a difference especially if you have all stock exhaust i baught a performance muffler then like 6 months latter got my cat back done and i felt a difference both times so ya it is really worth it but don't get over charged i paid 200$ for my cat to be custom bent to my car with a muffler install and to have it tuct up high so i wouldn't scrap but ya its deffinently possible

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have 2.5" piping on my Probe and stock is just under 2.25" but close to it. If you don't intend on modifying your car too much, stick with 2.25"... if you have lots of plans (naturally aspirated) go with 2.5"... turbo go 3"

·
Registered
114 Posts
My car has the pacesetter cat back. It sucks! I had a stock muffler put back on it. The only think that I noticed is I LOST torque at lower RPMs with the Pacesetter. One thing that sucks is that the pipe hits the ground when going up driveways. When the pipe rusts out I will replace it with a sock one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
2.25 is fine

Greddy is just under 2.5" and the borla is just over 2.25". 2.25" is quieter than 2.5" but is still a good move. Stock is 2" so there is quite a bit of difference between stock and a 2.25" system. It doesn't take much to lose low end HP so the smaller you keep the piping the more low end HP you preserve. If you are going turbo you want at least 2.5" or larger. I'm personally going for a 2.25" system. As long as you use a straight through muffler the gains will be just as good.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have 2.5in piping on my second gen with a borla muffler. I noticed a big difference in power including more low-end power. The only problem i may have is when i lower my car becasue the piping hangs lower then stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts