Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you changed your water pump did you have this problem, please read the following:

Ever since i changed my timing belt and water pump, when i drive off a speed hump i get this knock noise. Almost like the car is bottoming out but its not, it also happens when i drive and hit a depression in the road surface.

When i did the timing belt i had to remove the engine mount and i think this is to blame. When i put the mount back on, when i drove the car it made this terrible grinding noise so i undid the bolts on the brace that connects the mount to the motor and moved it forward by placing a bar behind the motor and wrenching it forward. This seemed to fix the problem but now i have this annoying knocking noise.

Can you enlighten me with some wisdom?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i'd say its the mount.
I had a similar noise on takeoff. Whenever I let the clutch out with a little bit of power on, it would make a knocking similiar to what you described.

Got the mount replaced and all was fine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think it was around $90... my local mechanic sourced it from Mazda I think. God knows what markup he put on it thou...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hows the new web site coming along? I check it and see occasionally if its opperational! whats the update

·
Registered
55 Posts
website is coming along slowly...

I'm leaning on some guys at work to do the website graphics and I'm going broke buying beer for them while they do it.

Most of the content is there, but the whole site looks pretty average.... Its mainly going to be a resource for the TX5 with all the ECU details and maintenence work from the factory manual (cost me $270 including the AV (90-91) supplement).

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hey spectral, just wondering what the main differences they list between AT and AV are?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For starters, AV is better! It has different grill, and ecu. Thats as much as i know!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yeah ive noticed the things like the tail lights and grill(which both look better than my AT), side indicators. Also heard that the fuel economy is better, but i dont know if there was any power differences or anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the main changes/differences in the AV are ECU and the body.
The only reason I bought the AV supplement manual was to get the info on the new ECU. I've had a quick look and it seems the ECU is not much different, just a different map and some minor enhancements. There seems to be no speed limiter as well ?? I haven't got the book on me now, so I can check on the weekend.

Without comparing pinouts, I would guess the AV computers would plug into AT harnesses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts