Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since we all got mx-6's and most people have a 5 speed i figured it's a good place to find out....how do we take off the shifter, i got the neon light one and can't take it off to replace it isn't conntected to the boot. The most I could do was loosen it and not it swirls around when I shift. Please help!!!! :)

Also I replaced all my interior lights with blue but does anyone know how to get out the glovebox light?

Last do they make clear taillights with the red (eurotails) for our car, my auto upgrade shop can't give me a straight answer.

please respond with any info
especially about shifter

·
Registered
446 Posts
since we all got mx-6's and most people have a 5 speed i figured it's a good place to find out....how do we take off the shifter, i got the neon light one and can't take it off to replace it isn't conntected to the boot. The most I could do was loosen it and not it swirls around when I shift. Please help!!!!
Are you talking about the shifter or the shift knob? I can't imagine anyone makes a "neon light" shifter, but who knows :rolleyes: . People make all sorts of weird shit.

The shifter is removed by taking out the rubber boot, removing the c-clip, climbing under the car and unbolting the shift linkage and pulling straight up. The shift knob is removed by merely spinning counter clockwise until it pops off.

Last do they make clear taillights with the red (eurotails) for our car, my auto upgrade shop can't give me a straight answer.
No.

BTW, try using the SEARCH feature on this board. It can be found in the upper right hand corner of the screen and will save you a lot of grief.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
To get the glovebox light out you need to take the whole glovebox of. That is simple though. I'd remember there are 4 black screws. You can see the top ones when you open the glovebox and the down ones are down and you can get them out when the glovebox is closed...

Eurotails? You mean Altezza style tails? If you do, I'm pretty sure no one makes them but there was a thread sometime ago on Altezza tails. Run a search on Altezza keyword and see what comes up.

Hope this helps ya even a bit
Mici

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you're just talking about the knob it just unscrews

1 - 4 of 4 Posts