Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of I must say I know next to nothing about ATXs..

I can rebuild an MTX blindfolded.. but ATX. .. That’s different.

The story is…
I have sep 94 ge klde v6 mx6 (E-spec)
The automatic in it is buggered. (Only goes forward)
I have an other one in my shed (as you do).
But this one came from a J-spec 2.5 KLZE eunos.

Now I don’t know the exact year of the eunos (as it was basically just a motor that was purchased for a swap, and the ATX was just along 4 the ride)
But it would be about the same vintage or newer (just by the condition).

OK, now the white sticker on the front of the ATXs
have
G2 on the front of the Jap one.
And J1 on the Aspec.

I haven’t pulled the Aspec out yet but upon a cursory inspection it appears to be the same externally.

So what I want to know is can I just swap them over or are they going to be incompatible?

Or is that not the actual number I should be looking for?

Ive heard about 4EAT as a number for the v6 ATX.. Where would you find that number.. Or is it irrelevant are they all 4eat regardless?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
on the 626's i belive that the auto box is the CD4e, but that could be irrelevent..

anyway, to my knowloge the 4cyl / 6 cyl 626's ran the same auto box, and i belive that this box should be found in the enuos series, in a sentance, they should be compatable

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure as hell haven’t seen that number anyplace.. any whoo..

Well hats about as far as I got “Shell be right”.. so yea I suppose ill let us all know after the job..

I’m going to pull the motor and rebuild and replace the front end suspension.. could be a bit of time before we know..

Ill be starting next week end..

Thanks mate..

BTW whats your story with mx6/626?.. yr in WA yea?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just FYI 4 any one that digs up this thread they are the same works a treat..

Only had to swap over some of the hoses connecting to the radiator and the dip stick housing..

One other minor difference was that as the mounts where different on the eunos it had an extra mounting hole, just removed the stud and no problems..

cheers..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts