Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm on the way from houston to baton rouge around 7:30. i was actually in between lafayette and baton rouge going over the swamp. i see two sets of purple lights coming from behind... i don't know about y'al but when i see purple lights i get all giddy and excited and drop a gear(or 2). well, first car was an audi 2.7t. i'm not sure the year but i know those cars are capable of 14s. it was this old guy and his wife was in the car but since he came up on me so fast i knew he'd probably want to race. he heard my exhaust pretty loud i guess because he slowed down and evened up with me(trapping the 350z behind us). i kinda took off first and he followed suit right away. starting at 65 i pulled not quite a full car length on him by like 100 when he let off. i was like whoaaa

then i wanted the 350z but the guy would not race for the longest time it made me so mad. finally 20 minutes down the road(i think i was pissing him off) he waited for me to put my car back in 5th and then took off. of course all those things need is a split second jump and you can forget about reeling them in. i never caught him, but then he wouldn't race again after that. i wasted a lot of gas keeping it in third gear!

oh, how could i forget. i had my girlfriend(with a mcflurry in her tummy), and a full thing of laundry in the car as well as a bunch of other traveling so it would have been even better if i was alone... oh well i still won, right?

ps. be sure to check my thread in the lounge about fun times in the wal-mart parking lot

·
Registered
264 Posts
are you sure it was a 2.7t audi? was it old or new? a4? the only audi to my knowledge with a 2.7 was the older s4's. they had a twin turbo 2.7 v6 and awd and a 6 speed. if that was the car you are talking about then props to you. what color was it? if it wasnt blue, red, or yellow (maybe black too) then id say it was an a4. they came with the 2.8vr6 or a 1.8t. anyway good kill. sounds like the z was afraid to race you. what a pansy.
p.s. i could be wrong about some of that info

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
the newer style, 2000 and up A6 2.7t are sick for a luxury car. awd, optional 6 speed, 2.7 turbo. 250hp good kill. my grandparents have the A6 4.2 300hp, that thing is no joke fast

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i checked some pics. i'm almost positive this was a 2000+ model. it is a beautiful car, and for its size, it certainly has great acceleration. i didn't know what to think when i raced him because all i saw was T and knew it stood for turbo, but didn't know the extent of it.

the z was right behind us when he saw me pull on that audi, so maybe he didn't feel like racing something he was unsure of. i've had mixed luck with those z cars. been able to race a wide assortment of them, including the g35 coupe, and it's always a gamble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts