Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can someone please tell me the original speakers watts of 93 Mx6?
plus, I am looking to buy an amp. The options i have are

Pyle PLA500 (600watt 2 channel) $129cdn
Pyle PLA600 (800watt 4 channel) $179cdn
Shaker SKA800 (800watt 2 channel) $99cdn

I will also be getting a speaker system (aka box) for subwoofer in the trunk.

1)I want to know the best AMP from the choices above?
2)Is this sufficient to make a good system? or do i need anything else?

(Note: I am not into hard-core music, so i will perefer to loose some quality for bx)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The factory speakers in your 93 probably won't hold up to much more than 25 - 30 watts rms. Mine sounds good with that and one 10" sub in the trunk @ 100 watts mono. I think I may have pushed the rears too far though, they seem to be in the verge of blowing. Don't forget the crosover!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WEll, i went and bought PLA600 (800WATT) amp. and two 10" 800watt each speaker. And a legacy box with 2 350watt (total 700watt) subwoofer.

I am planning to hook box and the amp up. I will like to do it myself, as wiring in my car are already laid by previous owner (not sure if / where they are hooked)
What i need now is detail step by step instructio how to hook it up.
Any help is appreciated.

(and now i am broke, don't know how i am gonna pay my insurance :) )

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
boy do i hope your joking....

to be very honest with you, you wasted your money. Pyle is not a very good car audio company. damn!! if only i wouldve caught this post sooner. when you are purchasing an amp, if the total tested wattage exceeds the price you are paying for the amp, its not going to be a very good amp. you usally want to pay about $1/watt. thats american money however.

but hell, if you like the way it sounds, more power to ya.

not into hardcore? are you in Windser?

SolarSlash

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got all the above mentioned things for less than 450CDN. No, not in windsor. Mississauga. Amp alone i think cost me $99+Tax...
I know pyle is not the best. It is almost at bottom of the list. but i just want some sound in my car at as cheap as possible. I am not a hardcore listner either... so it works for me.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
thats good man....

just remember, to make a system sound great its 10% equipment, and 90% install. glad you like it.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i have a 93 mx6 v6 and i just put a system in my acr I am not dobne first I have:

Alpin tape deck with 12 disc cd changer
infinty kappas in the rear
two 12 inch hx2 rockford fosgates 500 rms each
rockford fosgate 500 a2 amp 800 watts rms.
iam not done getting an amp for the hihs and changing the dorr speakers the bass in thecar now is incredible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts