Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 50.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just posting a poll to see how many people would like one. If we do then ill ask scooby, may take a while though considering all the stuff going on here atm.

edit: I posted this as I too am sick of the crap thats posted in the main lounge

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I don't really think it is needed, it just means one other forum to check. It doesn't really bother me either way, but i voted "no".

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i never use the chat, but it couldnt hurt if we can get it up and running

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I believe it could encourage more garbage to be posted, which we don't have very much of at the moment.

Keeping the one forum for a mixture of technical topics, and general topics, and even some OT, creates a more community feel. One forum to check, one forum for everyone to post in, and a greater level of activity, because people keep coming back to see what's changed since they've been here last.

IMO it should stay as it is :)

Pete

·
Registered
438 Posts
I voted yes earlier today, before i read PeterDs's post..

I thought introducing a seperate OT/Lounge forum would only enhance the community, by encouraging people to discuss life in general and current events etc..

I realise that it will attract a bit of garbage, but at least it will also move the current garbage out of the technical forum. (You probably think that's a joke considering the amount of 'for sale' posts you guys still move!)

I'm not a big forum user, but I love it here. I read the main lounge sometimes, but many of threads don't interest me at all. I guess I thought an Australian dominated lounge would be cool.

Of course, if your not interested in Off Topic threads, then you wouldn't have to read the OT forum, and there wouldn't (read shouldn't) be any OT threads in the main Australian forum. :)

Just my $0.02! :)

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
this is really the aussie section for general australian chat....right ? well i think its all fine and not needed..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi Lads

Well i see odin has looked in to a seperate lounge for the aussie section,
As you can see if you look in the Uk section which iam in it would give you a understanding of what sort of threads people put up etc.........
I think its worked out really well in the UK section,
It seperates all the tech stuff from any other topic issues, All the tech advise is easy to find, all the other topic stuff is easy to find!
Also if you had a lounge you could post more polls etc...... talk about interests other than cars or other cars.......
Like Odin said if you go into the main lounge area your thread gets either swept under the carpet, misinterpetated or just junk being posted on it!
Its another way of bringing your comunity together.
Also Arranging meet ups can be done in the lounge rather than the tech section........

I dont think a seperate lounge has devalued the uk section at all and is much clearer when you need help you get it, people dont need to skim read and miss out vital points if they have little time to read threads to help you out.

Well its goin to be interesting to see what developes....Either way the aussie forum is a good forum with nice people thats the main thing!!

Thanks for listening

Stuart(uk)

BTW i quite often come on to your section :)

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to sticky this for a while. If it stays this divided though I think it would be best to leave as is. See what develops.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I'm all in Favour for a lounge section.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
im in favour of anything that could possibly make this place friendlier. thats one vote for yes on my behalf.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
This isnt a tech section at all or isnt suposed to be ?

I would of thought all the tech questions would of gone too the relevent sections in the forum, and this area used for general chat ?

But i know even myself have posted tech questions here often, I suspose its because id rather have it awnserd by another Australian ? maybe maybe not :)

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ill leave it as it is since the votings 50/50. If anyone has another suggestion feel free to post it up in the what you want thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts