Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight, heres what i want to find out, i got a 94, v6 mx6 and i think my tranny which is now a auto is bad and it is getting checked tomorrow along with a check up and inspection, but anyways, i am looking into putting a manual in, DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD ESTIMATE? are we talking more the 2 grand or 3grand or what i want a good estimate, and also, i dont know much about stick and all the parts, but what parts should i buy and have the mechanic put in, like a short shifter and shit like that, help a fellow mx-6er out alittle, thanks

·
Registered
3,167 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey i wanted to do the same thing.. i looked into it and its just not worth it..well not for my 96 i dont know about the 93s but with mine i would have to chang computers because of the ignition timing and fuel injection and all that crap...what u should do is call ur local mazda dealership and find out what u would have to swap or if u can use the same computer..keep me posted

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey man, I have a 93 with 220,000+ miles on it, the tranny finally went out and I had a new ATX put in it for $1700, I'm now selling this car and buying the same model with an MXT, the MXT rocks, and is much faster, however, the auto originally installed lasted forever! So its kinda up to you, I wouldn't do it unless they say you're absolutely going to need a new tranny, just remember, my auto went 70,000 miles beyond what the warning indicator said before needing to be replaced. Good luck! BTW... dont do it if you have over 110,000 miles on it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well they told me it is shot, and they said it would cost me like 1600 for rebuilt on, but is that a good thing to do or not, i only got 64000 miles, so i think the owner before me must have wreaked it bad, lates

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, 64K isn't bad at all, I say go for it, it'll cost more to switch out an ATX with an MTX rather than just rebuilding it... just make sure you got someone who knows what they're doing, theres alot more involved than just swapping out. I hope it works out well, if it does, you'll love the speed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts