Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno what problems it could be, but when I start to brake at 90 mph going downhill from a mountain, i notice a lot, and I mean a lot of vibration in the car. Feels like things are gonna break. Could it be the rotors? That's what I thought, or something else?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good time to check your brakes too. A shop here in Medford will re-grind your rotors for free if you buy brakes from them.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
ya i agree, its the rotors most likely the fronts. ive got some ill sell you brand new for $45 shipped i think they ussually sell for around $100. if you want front and back itll be $80. or you can have them milled at a machine shop if theyre within stock spec. i think most shops charge $10-25 per rotor.

i ussually just get new rotors, im probally too cautious but having remanufactured break parts is something that i dont like to have especially when having new parts isnt that much more expensive. :shrug:

i just noticed you have an rs so you probally only have front rotors.....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm just gonna buy the brembo crossed-drilled slotted rotors from my cousin:)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
so vibration is rotors for sure? mine will vibrate when braking around 70mph or so. Is getting new/resurfaced rotors something that i need to do asap or is it ok since it only happens at those speeds (which im not at that often)

·
Registered
344 Posts
well having wrapped rotors will lengthen your stopping distance, but if you are ok with the vibration and understand it may take you longer to stop, then it should be fine for a while, but dont leave it too long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts