Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
house300 said:
i was wonderin how hard it would be to switch tranny. and is there a kit avail or should i just find parts seperately. also is there a way to do true dual exaust?XO:drinkup::rocket:
on the dual exhaust question, yes it is possible but it will take money and more money and depending on the size pipe you run, you will more than likely loss low end torque. on the tranny switch, it is a difficult two day job. if you know nothing about cars, i wouldnt try it. however, you can contact hughes46 on this site, he sells tranny swap parts or you can sources parts seperately or at junkyards. u should make friends in your area that know our cars and then learn from them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you dont know exactly what to do, just have it done at an auto shop. Itll cost you about 1K, but you dont have to worry about messing everything up by forgetting a step, part, or not knowing what to do.

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
house300 said:
i can do it i just was wonderin how hard it was. on the dual exaust, i think ill stick to stock placement
if you want the look of a dual exhaust without losing low end torque, try putting in a y pipe near the spare tire wheel. it will give the appearance of duals but will not lose the power like true duals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts