Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Check it out - it's fairly easy to switch. It's also fairly expensive. What would be the easiest is to find a wrecked MX6 manual, and buy the tranny out of it. You won't be able to find out what kind of condition it's in because you won't be able to drive it, but I would go ahead and inspect the synchros before installing it in to the car. Basically - you need the transmission, possibly the half shafts, shift linkage, shifter, and shift mount. Everything else will be the same. Good Luck!

-Cody

G

·
Are you entirely sure about that? I'm not ~that~ familiar with the MX6 in particular, but I do know that in alot of cars, automatic transmissions have their own TCU or TCM Transmission control unit or module. This is sometimes separate from the ECU itself. Might be worth investment to buy some service manuals from your local Mazda dealer...

-Cody

·
Registered
216 Posts
I HAD IT DONE TO MY FIRST MX6, IT COST ME A TOATL OF $1285.00--THATS INCLUDED EVERYTHING, NOW ABOUT THE ECU IM NOT SURE BECAUSE I DIDNT DO IT MYSELF I TOOK IT TO THIS GUY THAT A FRIEND OF MINE KNEW! BUT ILL CHECK THAT FOR YOU WITH HIM AND ILL GET BACK TO YOU

·
Registered
35 Posts
dig_dug found this for me www.geocities.com/willum701 . A great breakdown of all thats involved. A question for rstylemx6... what did that 12k involve. I will do the work myself, but I don't know how much I should expect to pay for parts. Could you give us a breakdown?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts