Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok dudes i was stuck with an auto. but i want to make the best out of it, anyway, it has 165000 on it but it is keep nice and serviced, but anyway, i want to rebuild it and make it stronger and shift stronger and nicer, if u know what i mean. ok guys what all can be done and for waht price can it be doen for to make my auto. stronger and faster off the start, i heard of shift kits and torque converter, anything else can help me out i will love to know, and how much and where can i get it at, and how will this part help it out the most, thanks guys just want some help( damn auto) hahaha

·
Registered
283 Posts
bro you can do headers, computer chip upgrade bored throttle body got 4g's laying around through a supercharger in it.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know all that, if i went with anything i would do turbo, but i just want to rebuild the engine, with everything, from the after market i can, but the ?? here is about the tranny, i want to upgrade it, how can this be done guys, thanks

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any more helps guys, i know yall know more than this about auto. tranny, but thanks guys

·
Registered
283 Posts
bro u can do a level ten transmission they are the best out. Racing tranny its expensive nbut worth it

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
The first thing you should do is get a good RV-sized trans cooler installed. That will help immensely in extending the life of the trans. Given the spotty reliability history of the ATX in the Probe/MX6, it's suprising and commendable you've made it to 165000 on it...

The next thing is, as Mx64u2catch said: Level 10. They can supply a performance converter and do internal work if you want to spend a bundle on it.

Also, consider this: put a toggle switch in the IAT circuit that simply opens the circuit up. When you do this, the PCM will throw a code 10 light up the CEL which in itself isn't that big a deal in terms of engine performance. But what it will also do is cancel the torque reduction that occurs between shifts. The result is that the ATX shift much, much harder producing a suprising performance effect according to some ATX owners I've heard. When you've done your little performance acceleration, toggle the switch again and the ATX will shift as normal. Sort of a "poor man's valve body". There's no indication one way or the other about the effects this "mod" has on ATX reliability so you're on your own there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts