Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have my 1993 European spec 2.5 V6 Auto up on stands with all of the suspension removed. While it's up i was thinking about changing the transmission fluid and filter so it would be drained out while cold but i can leave it draining with the pan off for a week or more if i want to. I wouldn't be able to fully refill it until the hubs are back on and the driveshafts in.

I was planning on draining and refilling but not flushing because that's an extra complexity. If the oil looks bad when i remove the pan i would just do it again after a few miles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kevin

· Registered
382 Posts
A lot of do it yourselfers change the transmission oil without a flush. They realize all the transmission oil doesn't drain out, so you can change out the oil again after a short time, and eventually end up with mostly fresh oil. I have always kept a watch on the fluid level on my automatic, check at least once a week, and keep it exactly at the full line. I have almost 300,000 miles with no issues, so maybe that is one of the keys to a long life transmission. I don't drive it very hard though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts