Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 93 MX-6 AUTO, FROM WHAT I HEAR, I'M GONNA BE IN TROUBLE WITH THE TRANNY SOON, I CANT RETURN THE CAR SO WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO, TO HELP IT???

·
Registered
672 Posts
93MX-6AFGHAN420 said:
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 93 MX-6 AUTO, FROM WHAT I HEAR, I'M GONNA BE IN TROUBLE WITH THE TRANNY SOON, I CANT RETURN THE CAR SO WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO, TO HELP IT???

What do you mean you are aware that you are going to have problems with your Trannie???

·
Registered
483 Posts
change the fluid with redline ATX fluid and get a tranny cooler along with a filter...you will be fine. I also think that changing the radiator coolant is a good idea too, futhermore helping the transmission.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah man, i just bought my auto mx-6 too. I just got
my tranny rebuilt with a tranny cooler. how many miles you got on it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
tranny

ummmmmmm
never neutral drop the tranny lol.

i have a 93 auto and mine went real quick
but its all good cause now i am sporting the Level 10
which is tight as shit, just too damn expensive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Coolers and filters??

I have a 93 mx6 LS with 100,000 miles and well I dont think my tranny is too well, I mean if I let go of the accelerator it tries to slow down and downshifts kinda hard, I mean unless thats how its supposed to work? But Ive never heard of the redline tranny fluid and tranny cooler, it works? And how much do they usually run?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Coolers and filters??

jarulez9 said:
I have a 93 mx6 LS with 100,000 miles and well I dont think my tranny is too well, I mean if I let go of the accelerator it tries to slow down and downshifts kinda hard, I mean unless thats how its supposed to work? But Ive never heard of the redline tranny fluid and tranny cooler, it works? And how much do they usually run?

http://www.redlineoil.com

I heard some good stuff regarding about the transmission fluids from redline. I was reading up on some stories on that website that had said that the auto tranny fluid was excellent on protecting the gears on hot and cold conditions. The cooler can be bought for 30-50 dollars if i'm not mistaken, that will help you. Think about it i should have bought those two products after i had my 1st generation's transmission rebuilt. All i can tell you is that the seals and gear were gone.

·
Registered
672 Posts
How big are the trannie coolers??

And is it hard to install yourself??

·
Registered
483 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you put the transmission cooler any where you would like, depending on the size of it. I would highly recommend it being installed by a transmission expert or mechanic.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Trans Cooler

What would be a decent size cooler????

·
Banned
55 Posts
hayden 404 is the most popular tranny cooler, available at pepboys. if not, pick the biggest size available and a stack type cooler. you don't have to be an expert to install, in front of the a/c condenser is the best place for better efficiency.

level 10 is a high-tech tranny shop (actually much more than a shop), can be reached at http://www.levelten.com

atx service is every 24k miles or 2 years. avoiding may result in major tranny loss and pain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts