Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My automated seat belt keeps getting stuck and it clicks like a hundred times! Its gonna burn out my battery!!! I tried putting some grease on the railing, but it seams that only made things worse... havent tried wd40 yet any suggestions? Its only on the passenger side... And the passengers like my sis are to stupid to close the door right... somethings wrong with the door like you have to slam it like extremely hard to get it to close properly and stop the clicking for the automatic seat belt... I heard that it might be alignment or something so how do you fix that? Thanks to anyone that can help!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh well i was jsut wondering if i could make them move smoothly insted of having to forcibly move them... I cant get rid of em.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I say remove them all together and get some manual belts. There's a how to around here somewhere...

·
Registered
437 Posts
They are rather annoying!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
oh well i was jsut wondering if i could make them move smoothly insted of having to forcibly move them... I cant get rid of em.
If the tracks or any of the mechanical bits have gotten messed up, your best option might be to go find a replacement set in the junkyard.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would suggest you look at the door lock/latch.

Look here I think the page is s12

http://www.souaidia.com/WSMMX61992/ManualChapters/ChapterS.pdf

There is a switch inside the lock that can get dirty and not work correctly. With the door open try pressing you finger where the striker would hit the lock. See if you can get the belt to move. Once you touch the lock the seatbelt computer will think the door is closed. If you get no movement in the belt press all over with some force.

The clicking you hear is most likely the switch openning and closing causing the motor to change direction.

Also you need to look at the striker. Make sure there is not a wear mark. You say it is hard to close the door. An alignment issue can cause the switch in the lock to cycle.

If you have experience in dealing with door locks you can remove the lock and detach all the clips for the metal arms and then once you have it out soak the whole lock in wd40 or brake cleaner. Spray it a few times but get it clean.

You could also get a junk yard lock first so you would have some experience in taking it off and the hard part of getting the arms back in the clips.

I have owned my 6 for longer than you have been alive. 356000 miles. About every 100000 miles my original belts start to mess up. Clean the lock and they work again.

Do not forget to regrease the lock as when you finish cleaning it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts