Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. my friend has a '93 626 dx and recently asked me to drive the car around because the transmission felt funny. well, it was very obvious that the trans had got to go, because sometimes you had to floor the pedal to move, and it wouldnt shift gears on time (it would stay in first gear until it was well above 5000 and the rpms would constantly jerk around while the car seemed to move steadily). when it would finally switch gears, the car would get thrusted forward and it would continue on. however, there was one thing i noticed that happened a few times. sometimes the rpm needle would move up to 3000, and it would stay there while the car accelerated, before changing gears a few seconds later. then it would stay around 2000 and continue accelerating. is that normal? i've seen that on a few other automatics, where the car accelerates while the rpm needle stays at one number, or moves up very slowly in 1st or second gear. now i have never owned an automatic before, so i know nothing about how they work.....what is normal here and what isn't?
one more thing....the engine makes buzzing noises all the time, and its not the usual ticking sounds....its a loud buzz, that increases in pitch with the rpms. i know nothing about this car, i've just looked at it once....any ideas?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think you should

I think you should take it in to get looked at and see what is going on.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yer prob...

Had the sam problem. Took it to MAZDA and they said it was teh tranny. The problem had something to do with a chain and the clutch (this is an ATX) or something but it all-in-all was more economical to get it replaced. They wanted $2400!!! I was like forget that. So I went to a guy I know and he was able to secure a tranny with only 25,000 miles on it for roughly $600. So I replaced it, along with my axles and bearings and stabilizer bars.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The buzzing in the car could be an extra load on the alternator. Does the car have a system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts